Monday, October 17, 2005

A Blogging We Will Go!

OMG! I don't know where to begin. Everyone out there is coming up with some incredibly deep, insightful or just plain funny stuff!

Let's start with Bam since it's her birthday. No review of the book in question but some birthday love may help the hangover.

Keishon has my head spinning and I so don't enjoy that. You'll have to go see. No, no, not the sports thing keep looking! Summing up. What would you do for you pet and when is it too much? Then in the comments we decided to bring up human euthanasia - yeah, that was me. Don't hurt me now! Check out the previous day's blogging for inspiration for your own blog.

Tara Marie's husband decided that telling their 4 yr old the story of the headless horseman before bed would be a good idea. Go offer support and find out what happened - nightmares or superman?

Nicole is my new heroine! Like I said in the comments, I can't read more than one book as even with one, I can forget what happened a page ago when I have left the book for too long.

Jay has decided it is time to read some historical fiction. My prayers are with her. I also *love* the little guy reading a book on the side of her blog. Love him!

LLB - well, good Lord, when doesn't this thinking woman not come up with compelling topics for discussion. I have not been to AAR's ATBF yet but I am hoping that by the time I get there, there will still be time for me to be honest in my opinion.

Suisan is just trying to keep her head above water so go give her a holler so she knows you care ;)

ReneeW in the Used Bookstore. Go share your stories of salesclerk stalking. I was once in a makeup store where the woman just stood beside me. I couldn't figure out what was going on but then realized that she thought my friend and I were going to steal something (I was 19 at the time) . I was so bloody offended I turned on my heal, called out to my friend it was time to go and left the area. She didn't stay in business long.

If you haven't been to Rosario's in a while go check out her new look. I love her new format. I haven't read the last few reviews because I didn't want to come across any spoilers. Still I managed to see 'did not feel the love' before I zapped myself out of there and yeah, I know what book she was talking about. Not feeling the love sucks and now I am glaring at the book in the TBR pile - I'll just move it down a few slots.

Meljean's new book is coming out very, very soon and for the cover alone, I am buying this book. Forget that her ideas intrigue me and her thoughts on what makes a hero ring true. Nah, it's the cover ;)

Hop over to Kristie's and tell all of us how you decide what to read next. In all honesty, those who list upcoming reads truly inspire me. I wouldn't know what book I was going to read next if you put a gun to my head. Oh, alright, I would say the first title to pop into my mind but, dude, there's a gun! As to regular life, it depends on what I am jonesin (?) for and even then, I am normally wrong.

This, entry by Mrs. Giggles is good fun and no, I have not had time to read what she has to say about LOST. Tomorrow, I'll get there tomorrow.

I bought Megan Frampton's new book because I heard that even though it is a regency set romance, there is sex in it. Now, I haven't read it yet so I cannot confirm this but hey, I'm going to give it a go as soon as I can find the time! (more on that in a minute)

Sybil had the best news of all for me and yes, I saved my favourite information for last. JR Ward. I have not finished this book but I am in love with some guy named Butch and on Sybil's blog she gives the good news that he gets his own story - Sweet!!


On the other front. Painting will be the death of me. Tomorrow I have to go and paint. Then I hope to come home and tear out all the moldy walls in my basement but one of my friends hasn't seen me in a week and may demand my presence. I'm pretty sure I can hold her off long enough to get the freakin' mold out of my house. Please, Lord let me get this poison out! Then maybe, if I'm a really, really, good girl I can read *that* book on Tuesday (yeah, I know, you are sick of hearing about it). I'm shooting for the stars here people!

I'm wondering if I should take pictures of my mold so you all know I'm not just being a paranoid freak. Truth is, it could be horribly embarrassing in the 'how could you not know you had mold?' kind of way. I knew something went funky but I thought I wasn't cleaning up to par - what with the other house and stuff. Turns out, I just don't know what mold smells like. I do now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cover confuses the hell out of me. Does he have wings? Is that what the brown behind him is? And why is her left hand the one on his shoulder? That would put her kneeling (squatting?) perpendicular to him. Or at the very least, somewhat behind him, which would mean she'd be getting hit in the head with his wing.

Also, is he a midget? Or does she have octopus arms or something that she can kneel (squat) and still hold on to his shoulder? Ignoring the fact that I have short arms in general, the object of my affection is still a good foot taller than me. I'd never be able to bend over while maintaining a grip on his shoulder.

Clearly I've thought about this cover way too much :)

CindyS said...

Now see, the first time I saw this cover I thought the woman was wearing something made of feathers therefore I was thinking American Indian. Meljean has mentioned that he does have wings.

Okay, you see the brown hair behind him, I think that is the woman and she is touching his shoulder from behind. Does that make sense?

Now I am scrutinizing the cover and your freaking me out!! ;)

CindyS

CindyS said...

Okay, the guy doesn't have long hair - any better?

Damn, I've got to go paint - I really just want to sit and play for a while.

CindyS

Anonymous said...

Okay, the guy doesn't have long hair - any better?

I suppose, but I still have questions lol. Is his head that big that he covers her face entirely? Is she taller than him? Is that why the hair flowing in the back is taller than his head? And I think it would be uncomfortable for not only the wing to be in between me and my man, but for me to have to hook my arm under the wing in order to get at his shoulder like that.

Still thinking about it too much.

ReneeW said...

That mold stuff can be very bad for your health! I hope you'll be wearing a mask while tearing it out. We have forced air heat and I saw a picture of what dirty air ducts look like and it freaked me out. eek. I want them cleaned out now.