Friday, July 21, 2006

I'm IT!!!

1. When did you first start blogging and why? It's almost my one year blogiversary and it is all Maili's fault. If she were around you could send her hate mail but I figure she saw this meme and hit the deck. I was nervous thinking I would run out of blogging topics in about 3 posts but to my surprise, I just never shut up. *snort* I mean, I talk to myself so why would I think I would run out of things to say? Wait, did I just say that out loud?

2. What don't you talk about? Huh. Is there anything I won't talk about? *sits back and stares into space* *Comes up for air an hour later* Nope. I have seen other people say politics and religion and I'm pretty much the same but only because I find the first either boring or stroke inducing and the second - I know what I believe and I trust others to know what they believe and after that I figure it's all just showing mutual respect.

3) Are you and your blogging persona the same person? Yep. Although I can be more open in this forum about friends and family which keeps me from bartering for heat seeking missiles to - uh, forget I said that.

4) How do you use blogging to build friendships? Actually, I'm surprised at just how easy it is to find friends by blogging. I published my first post and thought maybe 1 person would know. Now there are people dropping in all the time and I try and make the rounds also. I love going to other blogs because it is fun to read about how other people are coping with 'the family', their work, their loves and then, we talk about books!! My friends don't read so I was never able to talk books with them. Thus, my reason for even jumping on the net some 10 years ago now.

5) How would you describe your writing style? Really? There's a style? Meh.



I have to tag people so -

Megan (I could swear you already did this meme but I can't find it - if too busy, ignore), Ames, Renee, Sybil, Suisan - I mean really, I'm always interested on why people started up their blogs. If they were like me and just fumbled their way in or if they were part of the pioneer set or if they knew it would be more about their lives than their books - (like mine although that was a fluke!)

9 comments:

~ames~ said...

Great answers! And talk about yourself all you want, I find you interesting. :)

Thanks for tagging me - here's my answers.
http://she-rapop.blogspot.com/2006/07/ive-been-tagged-again.html

Megan Frampton said...

And here I was feeling kinda left out 'cause no-one tagged me! I'll do this later on today--thanks, Cindy!

Lemon Stand said...

I only just discovered blogs about 4 months ago. (I am sooooo not technologically (is that even a word?) up to date.) I was brought kicking and screaming into the 21st century by my (almost) 14 yr old daughter and have only recently started my own blog. I am soooo glad I am not the only one who felt I would run out of things to say and who also talks to ones-self. Whew. What a relief. I love your blog and when I find time have been digging into your archives. KEEP WRITING PLEASE!

Megan Frampton said...

Et voila!
http://www.meganframpton.com/2006/07/tag.html

Mailyn said...

I love your answers and I have to say I love your blog as well.

but you already knew that. lmao.

Suisan said...

::wiggling with glee::

Thanks for tagging me!

I just put up a long anniversary post with tons of links to Reeeellly Loooong posts, so that ought to occupy a lot of readers' time. However, I will get this meme up soon.

Anything to stop checking in on the stupid Amazon thing. **BOOOM** Head Explodes.

CindyS said...

Ames - you, me and the dog ;)

Megan - we all think you're too busy actually working.

Lemon Stand - Where you at? I can't find your blog - share with us!

Mailyn - thanks for loving my template challenged blog ;)

Suisan - I LOVE your anniversary post - Happy Anniversary and I'm soooo going to copy you!

CindyS

sybil said...

ok, you can be happy now ;)

Dev said...

You have some great answers! I relate to how to use blogs to build friendships. I'm the only one in my family who likes to read ~ well, now I have my niece who rarely is without a book now.

Devonna