Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Awwww, Emmy


Okay, so you have all met my Emmy before but lookit that face. Now that we have a two story home Emma thinks it's quite the thing to look over her balconey at her peasant people. Uh, that would be me.

Tell me she doesn't know she's all that. Okay a few more where you will see my finger because she wanted to play and got all fiesty trying to pretend my fingers were a mouse. I just couldn't get the stupid camera to take a picture in time so mostly, you'll see Emmy paws ;)

I think she was a beautiful woman in a former life, or a gorgeous man who knew how to put his best side forward. Emma loves nothing better than to hear how pretty she is. It's tough to convince her sometimes. With her long hair, matting and uh, ride alongs (read poo) are hard to deal with. We just bought a new razor because we can't find the old one since the move. I'm going to have to shave her from about the middle of her to her backside. She'll be devastated but her matts are bad and I think her skin is getting even more delicate as she ages. She used to let us sit and work on the matts for about 20 mintues before she flipped us the bird. Now she sees the brush and she runs. I know it can't be good for her skin and when you force your fingers through her matts she just about expires from satisfaction at having that part of her scratched. I have been avoiding this task and I'm a bad mommy but I know how stressed it makes her and then I get stressed. Bob, bless him, is useless around animals. The minute they make a fuss Bob freaks and starts yelling, stop, stop!! I know I can't stop so I usually calm them and then continue. Trust me, you know when the animal has truly had enough. They tend to start to bite for real.

Well, there. Now that I've blogged my shame maybe I will hunt her down and get to business. Although I want her to feel pretty just a little while longer.


That's right baby. You just keep looking down on all us peasants.

6 comments:

nath said...

She is really pretty and this was the first time I saw her :D At least, she's playful. My friend has a cat that is quite anti-social and stubborn ^^;

Anyway, it seems I'm the only one who doesn't have a pet at home...

CindyS said...

Nath - Emma is horribly anti-social with other people but Bob and I are her peasants so she likes to lavish us in her love. I guess while she was a kitten we never really had guests because this cat can sense people coming a mile away! Ask Kristie - I'm not even sure Kristie has seen her!

My family can come for long visits so about 5 hours in she will decide to make her presense known and it's usually by getting up and lying on the dining room table. Food or no food. Yeah. That's always a fun moment ;)

Do you want pets? Some people don't want pets and I can tell you, with the plethora of smells that can waft through at any moment I totally get it. Still, when I get sick or am blue, my cats and dog surround me like I'm glass and they want to make sure I don't break. *sigh* Yeah, I love their furry mugs ;)

Cindy

Mailyn said...

Awwwww!!!! I so want a kitty! Damn it she is gorgeous! Oh and don't feel bad. Her Majesty HATES it when you brush her. Problem? She's a friggin' fluff ball! She's like all hair.

Oh but your baby is soooo perty! I should post pics of mine but I am so damn lazy with that scanner...and the digital camera, well that needs to be plugged in.

Did I mention I was lazy?

nath said...

That must be funny when she comes and lie (lay?) on the table... As for pets, I don't think I want one. I think that I pass the period where one becomes an animal lover... I mean, I don't hate them or I'm not afraid of them... just, I don't like being licked ^^; and I have a lil sis :P

C2 said...

Oh, she's so beautiful!! I want a kitty, too! However, I can barely have plants...

She looks like she has fangs and knows how to use them! :-D

Kyahgirl said...

what a pretty girl! I like cats but my dh is allergic :-(