Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Mini-Update

Well, it seems neither Bob or I want to spend so much money on a stove or cooktop right now. So I've asked him to check the wiring and see if there is something wonky and I might do a few test runs with the two burners. Also, I'm thinking for about 60 bucks I can buy a two burner thingy that you plug into an outlet - it'll take a while to heat up but hopefully it will come in handy (course we have to find one but I'm thinking the local Canadian Tire *please, please, please*).

Either that or we eat in stages. I'm just not going to get stressed over this. No. Really. It'll all work out.

We don't have a side burner on our BBQ but maybe we could fire it up and use old pans - hey, it'll be mild enough. I just don't want to hear my mother squawking. Meh. We'll liquor her up to the gills.

See, being positive.

We went out tonight to find a Butterball frozen turkey about 22 lbs. Yeah. I'm euchred. I had no clue, however, that it was possible to get a 30 lb turkey. I mean, how old did that guy have to get? Was he eating McD's? I considered buying it for about 10 secs but it's one breast was caved in and since we're white meat eaters that wasn't going to work. So I'm calling the meat department in the morning to see if they can get me one the right size. Again, not stressing. If I have to I'll buy two 10 pounders and ... oh shit - can you cook two turkeys in one oven at the same time? Wonder what that would do to the cook time?

And breathe.

No, really. Everything is hunky dory.

*blink*

Shhh, I'm in my happy place.

3 comments:

~ames~ said...

At least you're still in your happy place. :P

C2 said...

Calm blue ocean...calm blue ocean. ;-) OMG - "we'll liquor her up to the gills"??? LOLOLOLOL

I'm sure you can cook two turkeys in the same oven (see, I'm being positive, too)...but, probably like cookies, it will take a good bit longer than just one. Schedule accordingly *she said in a resounding voice*!

C2 said...

Oh, one more thing - 1-800-BUTTERBALL or email them: BBTurkeyCo@aol.com

Anyone else find it disturbing that they have an AOL address?? Yikes.