Saturday, May 05, 2007

Just In Case

It's early Saturday morning and I'm getting ready to head up to bed.

Yeah, yeah.

Sunday May 6th is mine and Bob's 12th Wedding Anniversary and apparently he has taken Monday off as well. This is somehow the 'Linen' year or pearls but since I'm not a lover of either, I'm good.

So I might not be around but then again, I'm up weird hours anyways.

Oh! I bought that dress I liked only now I'm thinking it's too young for me and maybe a little short (it's above the knee) but then I think it's better than my baggy jean shorts and a t-shirt. My best friend who is bluntly honest said it was very pretty so I'm going with it. Now I just have to have the self confidence to pull it off. I was fine until I was paying and the shop lady said how the 80's look was coming back.

Gak!

I was a teen in the 80's so does that mean I shouldn't be wearing this? Isn't there a rule that if you wore it once you don't wear it again (although I never wore anything like this)? Lord have mercy. Then again, it's a lady's shop, it's not for young women. Whatever. Stop stressing.

Cody had a spa day today and he's all spiffy and now he's all bouncy which is cute. He wouldn't look at me all the way home in the car. I think he gets jealous that I have been home with Bob the whole time without him (wasn't the case but he was pissed about something).

Cody's jealousy has become so bad that if Bob is on one side of the couch and then I'm right beside him, Cody will crawl up over me to get to Bob. The other night he was just sitting and staring at us but I wasn't really paying attention. I got up to check something, turned around and there he was curled up beside Bob. So either I sit against the arm of the couch, Bob in the middle and then Cody on the other side or Bob sits on one side, Cody in the middle and me on the other. Yep. I'm jealous of a dog. Uncool.

Meanwhile, I tried to cut some mats out of Emma's fur and accidently cut her skin. I was so sick to my stomache when I saw the blood I was a mess for the whole night. I've only ever cut her once before and it was so weird because she didn't react at all. I was cutting these mats off her belly while she was laying belly up. She was purring and loving then I noticed something didn't look right. I about fainted when I saw the skin was separated. I used to use an electric razor but Emma is getting older and she hates having her back legs touched. So I take scissors and trim bits and pieces off while cooing at her to keep her calm. Anyways, I feel horrible and yet, she will sit by me and purr.

Since our cats are indoor cats we don't do rabies shots but I think I'll have to get her in and then they said they have to wait a month before they would take her in and cut her fur. I think they knock them out which isn't great but it's better than me cutting the poor girl. Anything not to see open wounds! Oh and we've tried everything with the matting and nothing works now. I think she can mat herself up just by trying to bathe herself. She used to never mat up but now it gets so bad the mats are right against the skin and you know it's itchy because if you poke your nails through a knot (very hard) she practically vibrates from the purring. Then when you get the mat out, a day later there are flakes of skin like dandruff all over her.

Okay, I'm just going to say it. I love my Emma and I hate seeing her like this.

There, sap session over.

I'm still early in the Chase book so I can't really comment yet. Hopefully I'll get some reading done tonight!

Hope you all have a great weekend! The weather here is supposed to be nice so fingers crossed!

7 comments:

Rosie said...

Cindy, the most important thing about clothes, keeping in mind I'm no expert, is how you feel in them. Does it make you feel good? If it does then don't worry about the other stuff.

Me too...our new dog Emily, you know the one that was only supposed to get to be 15 lbs and is not 35 lbs and counting, goes crazy with love each time one of us returns to the house. Even when it's a few minutes like to empty the trash.

Anyway, I used to get a kiss when my husband came home. Now I have to wait until Emily gets her five minutes (not exaggerating FIVE minutes). Do you know how long five minutes is? It's a damn long time to wait for your husband to kiss you.

Okay, whining and wanking over. I should have left it with, "I feel your pain."

C2 said...

Happy Anniversary!

You have a new dress and Cody got a spa day...but what about Bob? :-)

Poor wounded kitty! Give her some catnip and explain that "beauty is pain". If she doesn't believe you, the claws will come out.

nath said...

Happy Anniversary Cindy :D Wow, 12 years :D

Cody is just so cute :D

~ames~ said...

Happy Anniversay Cindy and Bob!!

Strange about your kitty not reacting to getting cut. I'm just bitter, because one of our cats tries to scratch our eyes out if we pick her up. Very strange. LOL

Never had to take a cat in before to get its hair cut-is it expensive?

Bob & Muffintop said...

Happy Anniversary!

Rowena said...

Aww Happy Anniversary (a day late sorry) Bob and Cindy! I'm sure the dress is great, if it makes you feel good, then you'll be great!!

((((Hugs))))

ReneeW said...

Happy Anniversary (late)! Poor kitty. I did that by accident to our dog because he got mats in his fur all the time. I felt so bad but he never carried a grudge. Don't worry so much about the dress, I'm sure it's beautiful. All fashion is recycled from earlier eras. I used to worry about clothes being too young for me but now I'm old so I don't care. Everything is too young and I refuse to look my age :) Hope you guys did something special for your anniversary.