Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The TBB List

Okay, remember how the puppy ate my journal and I can't find that sheet of paper that has all the books I want to buy?

Tada!! The Blog.

Shut up. I'm slow.

Books that I want to buy:

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer although I have never read YA as an adult. Just too many good reviews out there and they have finally peaked my curiosity.

Playing With Fire by Gena Showalter - Whose blog did I see this on? I know they were worried that it sounded like an MJD book but I'm hoping it's darker. We'll see.

The Widow by Carla Neggers although I did buy Dark Sky by her because it's a paperback instead of a HC and since I have never tried her before I prefer to go the cheap route. Let's see if I can hold out until I read DS. Get this, her website has no mention of The Widow and now I'm wondering if I have a the wrong author. Anyone?

Calamity Jayne Rides Again by Kathleen Bacus - Is it wrong that I like the girly colours of her website - it just spells fun! I've heard it's so-so but I figure I tried her first book and liked aspects of it so I'll buy this one. I've been looking for a physical copy of this book in any bookstore in my area and then in like Waterloo or some place and nothing.


I have a note to check and see if I have the Black Jewel Trilogy by Anne Bishop in the scary closet. Since I won't be able to check for a while, this one will sit on the list for a bit. (I do think I have these but I can't be certain without clapping my eyes on them. Yes. My eyes clap.)



Bonnie Vanak - anything really. I just want to buy a book by her and will do some research

I have a note to buy Must Love Dragons with November beside it. This will be the next book by Stephanie Rowe (OMG I ended up on her 'about her' page and she has 2 black labs *sniff*. I'm all right! But, awwww) Now for those of you who do like YA it looks like she also writes under the pen name Stephanie Davis but I liked the heat in her adult book so I'm not prepared to read about teenagers.

I'm telling you, I hate waiting which is why I should be mad at Nicole for posting books that weren't going to be published until 2007! I reading all happy and shit when I read a blurb that's super interesting so I make my note to buy it - The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason and then WHAM - Jan 2007 - OUCH! Still, it's a gorgeous cover and I know if I saw it in the bookstore I would so buy it so yeah, it's on the list.

Patience by Lisa Valdez which I think will publish in November. Seriously, the title says it all!! I feel like I've been waiting for this book forever but hey, November will be here soon enough and I'm hoping the heat from the book will keep me warm ;) It shows Primrose to be her next book for Jan 2007 but I imagine that might get pushed back. We'll have to see.

I don't have to list JR Ward's next one because it's a given but if we're looking to keep this list honest then it's here. I had heard she had done another interview like column for her website but I can't find it. If you haven't read the first one it's here. On a Cindy note, when titles have the same words in them I have no clue what order or what one I like the best. The titles just aren't different enough. So for me, I'll be referring to the books as Rhage's book or Z's book or Butch's book (yummmm). I'll try and make sure I have the right covers up when appropriate.

Now I have to go back through blogland and try and find all the books that I wanted and listed on the 8 x 11 sheet of paper. I always think 'Oh, I'll come back when I have a pen and paper'.

It's a good thing I accept myself for who I am or I would have to get upset about being a dumbass.

Now, it's just a given.

8 comments:

sybil said...

You know Butch's book has been turned in... it will be a while until the ARC is ready so you don't have to hate me yet ;)

heeeeeeee

I need to pick up date me baby one more time.

Mailyn said...

please tell me ypu are kidding about Vanak. please, please, PLEASE tell me you are kidding. did you read my review?! ok, if you still want her after that how about I save you the money and send them to ya?

Mailyn said...

ps I think I'll stop raving about the Black Jewels now. lol.

dancechica said...

You saw Playing with Fire on my blog. That was me whining about the probable plot. LOL.

Anne Bishop is awesome! Check my blog for a review of the first in the Black Jewels trilogy. I just posted it today.

I LOVE J. R. Ward and I can't wait for her newest book in September!

Anonymous said...

Playing with Fire is a september book if I'm not mistaken. I still want to read it even though Gena Showalter and I haven't had the best track record.

CindyS said...

Sybil - *covers ears and hums* I can't hear you!

Mailyn - oh shit, did I say that out loud? ;)

Dance Chica - ahhh, another blogger costing me money!! I love your blog and wondered when you were going to post a video of you dancing.

Jay - SEPTEMBER!! Man, I can't catch a break!

CindyS

ReneeW said...

I really loved Twilight but you do know there is no sex in it, right? Hehe. I really want Patience but after the long wait and anticipation, I'm scared it will suck. Oh well. And it goes without saying... I WANT the next JR Ward too.

CindyS said...

Renee - good to know. I'm not sure I can stand to read about teenage sex!! At least I'll know what I'm going into. Uh, on that note, any love?

CindyS