Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Blather and Rot

I won't have contractors in my house anymore!! Woohoo!! I may actually reform my sleep schedule before that horribly ardent day, Christmas. Or as I call it, 20 straight hours of no sleep and way too much family time to be healthy.

So here are the semi-after pictures because my Mega-Gotta-Put-My-Fingers-In-Your-Pie husband will be installing the new kitchen/diner (a kitchen with 50's kitch is the way I am thinking of it, class with some advertising sass, yeah, anything to keep me from re-living the horror of a 50's diner in my basement!) and of course, re-doing the laundry room all before Christmas.

2007.

Sorry, cheap shot ;)














Okay, don't judge the plaid couch. I bought that ten years ago and I am washing the slip cover as we speak. It is a store bought slip cover which means it's not much prettier than what you are looking at but, it's a change. We are thinking of buying a new sofa but the money flowing out of this house is making me weak in the knees so I have put a hold on that idea. Here's the other room and then, the wreckage of my laundry room. I have to walk through my laundry room to get to the pretty new space. Yetch.














Yep, pretty, pretty, pretty, OH, MY EYES!! I also took a new picture of the puppies and their book room but I don't have the nerve to post it. Tonight I was able to get my wedding album (which I didn't know was in there) out of there before they ate too many of the photos. My dad took the time after the wedding to put the album together so it starts with my shower pictures (which now have a chunk out of them) and then my wedding pics which thankfully, do not have chunks out of them. Bob and I did not hire anyone for photos so they are pictures that our friends and family took.

I love my dogs, I love my dogs, I ....

Bob said I had to get in there and move all the books from the dogs level out of there. Thing is there is no where else to put them. Also, they seem to have kept to one area of the room. If I move those books out they might go supernova on the books left near their eyeline. Go-go-gadget Cody fingers! Trust me, it's like having two perpetual two year olds in the house. Never again!

Okay, I'm going to go surfing for a bit before I wind down. Hopefully a new start on sleep!

3 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

I love the '50s diner theme. I love '50s kitsch stuff (hence the obsession with pulp paperbacks).

And can I say, until recently I thought 'reno house' was a house in Reno, Nevada? Man, am I dumb.

Suisan said...

Congratulations on having rooms where you can see the floors!

(I'm not doing a remodel, but I definitely have rooms where I haven't seen the entire carpet for, eh, shall we say A Long Time.)

What a relief for you to have demonstrable results!

CindyS said...

Megan - now see, we're both on the same wave length. Every time I wrote that I would wonder if people would think Reno Nevada. Funny how the brain works.

Ah, that's how you spell kitsch - I knew it was wrong but couldn't get anything from the dictionaries or spell check. Since when did we have to know how to spell a word to look one up? Must get a paperbook dictionary. That way, I can search by the first few letters!

Suisan - Thank you! Bob wanted to let the dogs back down there. I asked if we could keep it clean for just a few more days. It's the cleanest spot in the house so I don't want to muck it up. Also, have you seen the destruction of the one room they are in!? Scary. Bob wants them to have free reign in the lower level of the house. The last time we did that we lost a TV controllers and two pillows in the space of a day.
My dad always says he has never seen a more swankier dog house than our basement. You just have to keep stuff out of their mouths.

CindyS