Friday, December 09, 2005

Super Quick Post About Carlyle

I just wanted to send a thanks to Megan and Rosario for suggesting No True Gentleman. I am only 1/2 way through the book and I am loving it! The heroine is wonderful and the hero (sorry the book is not in this room and I don't want to get their names wrong) is angsty. I was getting worried that his angst was going to take over the story but he seemed to finally see the heroine for who she truly was and not what he thought she could be.

Anyways, just wanted to let others know that this Carlyle book is definitely working for me!

Any other's doing Keishon's December challenge for Liz Carlyle? I know that Kristie(J) is but I have not heard how her reading has been going recently.

Hopefully a 'Cindy' review will be in the making by Sunday. You know the kind, no plot summary but a bunch about what I loved and loathed. Normally this does not happen in the same book if I am lucky.

Okay, off to bed. I have to get my sleeping in because Saturday in my best buddies and our Mini Christmas. I need to be up at 2pm on Saturday and be functioning as a sane adult. For the past few weeks I have been sleeping crazy hours and I find I am sleeping in the afternoons into the evening. Not. Good.




I'll tell you more about the weekend plans later as my kitty Amber is calling me.

Awwww! That's her tucked into my bed. So if you will excuse me, I believe I will have to disturb her slumber so I can crawl into bed. Luckily for me, she does not get pissed about such treatment and usually settles down to sleep with me for the day.

9 comments:

Tara Marie said...

I'm glad you're enjoying No True Gentleman. After you dissed Beauty Like the Night *grin* I didn't think I was in a position to recommend any. I've decided I'm must be a LC fangirl and my opinion isn't worth crap--LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy; I've been reading up a storm but just haven't had a lot of energy to post about them lately. One of these days!!! Right now though I'm reading One Little Sin for Keishon's December challenge. One thing about holding on so long to read it is, now it's not so long a wait until Two Little Lies (even though some lucky bloggers have it already)

Suisan said...

Finished Kiss an Angel--I'll have to twrite about it later.

But wanted to let you know I got Black Ice by anne stuart in the mail today along with Lavyrle Spencer's Morning Glory. I'll let you know how it goes.

Just me, my kids, and my books up on Sow Cow Hill....

Megan Frampton said...

I'm psyched you're liking it too--and feeling bad I kinda dissed BLTN. I think I saw through the plot, and got annoyed, but maybe when I'm 80 I'll re-read and see what I think then.
Carlyle's writing, I think, is just getting better and better.

ReneeW said...

I'm reading No True Gentleman too and also loving it. Also about halfway through. I saw your post on AAR about the order to read these and it almost scared me off since I get sort of OCD about reading books in a series in order. But I'm really enjoying it even though a couple of characters are mentioned that seem like they may have appeared in previous book. I'm trying not to let it bother me :)

Love the hero, Max. And heroine is an original. After this one I'm reading The Devil To Pay.

CindyS said...

Tara Marie - nah, you're not a fangirl unless you knock people over in the bookstore to get to the book. What? I'm the only one who does that? Yeah, that's a fangirl and you better not be between me and my Anne Stuart fix ;)

Kristie - so you have been enjoying Carlyle? I know you are busy but I remember that you and I were definitely going to read Carlyle for the first time this month.

Suisan - can't wait to hear what you thought! Oh, I hope, hope, hope that you love AS and Morning Glory because if you don't then my recommends won't be any good to ya. Well, you could run out and get the books that I loathe safe in the knowledge that the book will rock ;) ::sigh:: I wish I had some unread Stuart's - oh wait, I do!! Saving for a rainy day - do you think snow counts?

I've decided that I must come and see you all on Sow Cow hill ;)

Megan - ah well, we can't help what it is we like and don't like about certain books and BLTN definitely pushed my 'I gotta kickass!' button. I am glad that I gave her another try but that would Keishon's challenge and it helped greatly that you and Rosario pointed me in a direction. Sometimes if the first book I read by an author is bad it takes a lot for me to read them again.

Renee - Wasn't that just the scariest thing ever! I was expecting everything to be precise and I got like 10 different ways to read the books. I couldn't even decipher how they were connected and people were explaining themselves just fine so I figured it was me. Luckily, I don't mind reading books out of order but I was worried there could be a recurring couple like Brockmann. Thank goodness that is not the case! Is this your first Carlyle Renee?

Thanks guys for sharing!

ReneeW said...

Yes, exactly. I was getting a bit dizzy. I read one other Carlyle - A Woman of Virture - back in 2002 and couldn't remember a thing about it. So I went over to AAR to look at the review and now it comes back to me. I loved it. And there were the two characters, Cecelia and David, Lord Delacourt that appear in NTG. Whew, that puzzle solved. I feel better now.

Rosario said...

Yay, I'm glad you're liking this one! Heh, my first reaction was like Tara... since I loved BLTN so much, maybe I shouldn't be recommending another one? Obviously, my objectivity is nonexistent with Carlyle! But since when has something like that prevented me from offering my opinion? ;-)

Kristie (J) said...

Oh, this isn't my first Carlyle!!! I've read ALL her books. BLTN isn't one of the better ones though I agree.