Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A Day of Peace

I got some serious stuff done today.

Edited: I was going to add some pictures to illustrate how I am feeling but I can't get blogger to accommodate my needs. That's my kind way of putting it. I'll spare you my actual thoughts on the subject.

I managed to tidy up the middle room (where the computer is) to the point where we can now see the bed. Too bad the bedding needs to be washed.

I got all those Christmas gifts laying around the house crammed into my closet. Hey, where there's a will, there's a way. Also, found my second set of pillowcases that I have been missing for about six months and it is hard to clean your sheet set when you have to time the pillowcases between Bob getting up and me going to bed. Trust me. A genius would have had a hard time getting the timing right. I should note that my drier takes 2 hours to dry most things because it is eons old and is on it's second motor. To dry the king size duvet it takes 3 hours and it comes out wet in spots. I'm afraid to let it go too long because I have marks on the duvet that I thought were burn marks but I am beginning to suspect that the marks were made with fabric softener. Damn, they should warn you about stuff like that! Hopefully in January we are buying a top of the line washer/dryer set because I have never had a new set before and I am cheap so I usually run appliances to their death. I'll pay the money up front to know that the units will last at least 20 years.

Wow, that was a nice detour.

Bob came home at 2:30pm today after a doctor's appointment and took me out to run some errands.

Christmas cards are mailed. Megan, you should see something from me soon. I didn't label them with care because if I did, you wouldn't have seen them until Christmas next year. And could I find a book? No. Okay, I didn't have time to hunt down a book but I knew you would understand. Stuff for the new year and such.

Two more Christmas gifts were picked up - phew!

We finally decorated the mantel and the white tree and I like it. I like it a lot. Still won't touch the tree but it looks pretty.

I vacuumed! (Suisan, did you get that ;)) It's only been a few weeks because I have been thinking the reno in the basement would be done soon and then I would clean like a fiend. Turns out, the doggie fur balls gained lives of their own and I was forced to beat them into submission.

By the way, my dogs have now moved onto hardbacks. I've decided to stop caring. I know. It's paper and trust me, they have eaten worse. I think it is anxiety and no matter how many new tasty bones I give them they will turn to the books when their thinking goes wild. I sometimes wish I knew what they were thinking but then, I might go mad.

I've decided the oldest dog Rocky is deaf. I may have mentioned it before but, I noticed it over the summer. Over the past week I have begun to rethink my diagnosis and now I am convinced he is just ignoring me. It's funny how he can hear one thing but not something that should be no problem. I've also found it amusing to be able to walk up behind him and observe the things he does. We have never been able to sneak up on our dogs because they could hear a pin drop. So no matter what, their attention was always on us. Now it's nice to stand by Rocky and watch him sniff the wind while he is outside. Or watch him stand in the middle of a room and bark at nothing. We used to think they would bark to get our attention. Now I realize, Rocky just likes the sound of his own voice.

I accidentally scared him the other night because he was so darn cute snoring on his bed so I went over to give him a hug. I touched his fur and his head came up but I guess he didn't expect to see me. It's a good thing dog's can't scream because he would have broken an ear drum. I felt horrible to have startled him, so now I call to him before I approach so he knows I am there. Then I will touch him on his back, just in case. Rocky has never bitten anyone but I can't imagine not being able to hear so I think he might get grumpy if he isn't warned. Luckily we have no children to torture him!

Guess what?!

There are no workmen coming to my house tomorrow. *happy dance - cat flees the room* It's weird having people in your house and then I need to sleep so there are people in my house while I am sleeping. Weird. Anyways, I don't have to wait until 10 in the morning for these guys to show up! I'm going to go to bed at *my* normal time. Yeah, I can't wait until all this is done!

Oh, and I am so over peanut butter sandwiches. I haven't done a decent grocery shop in about a month and I have been existing on PB sandwiches. I have discovered that there really can be too much of a good thing. I don't know if I will ever be able to eat peanut butter again! Special note to Meljean - I have been singing the peanut butter jelly dance song all night. No, no, Thank You!

On yet another note, I will try and read No True Gentleman because Megan and Rosario were kind enough to give me some input. I will also be reading a book on how to change my idea into a product. Hey, I'm all about reading.

Doing, not so much.

5 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

Thanks for mailing out, Cindy--and to answer your other question, I love religious Christmas music. It's organized religion I have a problem with, but I am spiritual. Which sounds like a cop-out, and might actually be one, but one of my favorite types of music is gospel, plus Stevie Wonder is always talking about God, and the way he does it, it makes sense to me.

And peanut butter, I eat it almost every single day, never get tired of it. Is peanut butter the perfect food?

CindyS said...

Megan, I am exactly the same way! For me, Neil Diamond's Hot August Nights CD has two songs that are extremely spiritual to me. I may do a blog up about music and see if I can link to songs so others can see what I mean.

I told Bob tonight that if I had to eat peanut butter again for dinner I would kill myself. Yep, real spiritual. Bob, of course, couldn't stop laughing. So we bought a couple pounds of chocolate. That should get me through the munchy hour ;)

CindyS

ReneeW said...

Hey, I'm reading No True Gentleman too! I left it at work tonight though. Damn. I was really enjoying it too.

meljean brook said...

Haha! I've had that thing in my head for a week now -- god, but I love that show, but I think that's one of the best clips ever from it.

Peanut butter is too perfect; I can't even keep it in the house, I eat too much of it. I have to sneak over to my sister's place whenever I want a sandwich. And peanut butter-and-chocolate ice cream? Death. Death!

CindyS said...

Well, I'll admit that toasted peanut butter and bacon sandwiches float my boat. There, I said it.

Still, not going to touch the stuff for a good long while!

CindyS