Friday, October 26, 2007

Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward


I'm not even going to front with you and try and pretend like I'm going to do a review.

I just ashed the book so I'm still thinking.

Okay, I'll stop the smack talk.

Onward!

I think it was a good thing I had fallen over some spoilers because in the end I would give this one a B or B+. Not so much as a romance but as a story.

Don't get me wrong, there is a HEA of a sort and there is supposed to be people falling in love but for me it's more like 'you my mate. you mine' kind of thing happening.

I figure I'll be combing through the back blogs on your site and reading your thoughts and then commenting. Cause other than that, I'm not sure I can sum up the story. I can pull out the things that bothered me but that doesn't seem fair in that I obviously liked this and at least V got a good story unlike my poor Butch.

That's right. I'm holding a grudge.

I think I'll head over to Ward's site and read the interview she did with Jane and V but I didn't have a problem with how things ended in the book. Then again, I knew something was coming so I wasn't flattened by it.

And thus, I learn that spoilers can be my friends.

If you guys want me to write up a Cindy Review let me know and I'll figure out a way of working it out without spoilers. Unless you've all read the book and the spoilers then, let me know so I can spill my guts without worrying.

If you are keeping score that would be 2 1/3 books read of my 20 that I need to read before the end of the year.

The 1/3? I'm counting that short story by Singh.

Hey. My rules and it's not like I didn't read the story. I just don't have any intense need to read the rest of the anthology.

So chill.

I'm hoping my *cough* review *cough* for Ice Storm will be up at Sybil's place soon so I can direct you to my wondrous insights.

Yeah. I just took my sleepy pills which explains my ginormous ego right now.

I used ginormous long before I ever read Ward's books so that word is so MINE.

I'm not sure what book I'll pick next but I'm curious about Sarah McCarty and since I have Promises Linger, I may just pick that one.

You'll be the second to know.

5 comments:

Dev said...

My vote's for Sarah McCarty. I want to get the Promises series now since I've heard so many people rave about it.

Kat said...

Go on. Spill your guts. You know you want to. *g*

sula said...

Let's hear it! I'm all ears. *g*

Rosie said...

The ending didn't bother you? I guess I'm the only one. My sister just finished this one too and she had a few other peeves but not so much the ending.

I just finished the ICE STORM and read your review over at Sybil's. I really liked this one. Of course I saw Killian way ahead like you did, but like you said maybe that's us Stuart fans. I didn't think I was going to like Isobel from her appearance in previous books. Even with the hints about her age I thought I wouldn't be able to warm up to her. I was wrong.

Good book.

ReneeW said...

OK, spill it. And I want spoilers. I have had my doubts about reading this book and passed it up when I saw it at the store. But I then again I liked Butch's story a little more than you so maybe it won't be so bad.