Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sunday Morning Check

'Freezer clean out' BBQ - check! (I still have a box of chicken in there but the burgers are now gone! I'm not big on the store bought kind and prefer to eat homemade ones so it was nice to get the last of the SB kind out of the freezer)

Swim in 83 degree pool - check!

My best friend asks Bob and I to be Zach's real God parents (He's 11 and hasn't seen either set of her Godparents pretty much since he was born). Bless her heart. I told her I've always considered him my Godson (we are the boys legal guardians) and that when I refer to her boys I call them my Godchildren. She seemed to want to change it in the church also but doesn't think it can be done. I turned to Bob to make sure he was also on side with this and asked him if he wanted to be Zach's Godparent and he was all 'I thought he was our Godson'. So yeah - check!

Two homemade apple pies cooling on the stove - double check! (I'm waiting for them to cool enough to test one. You know. To make sure the apples are right)

Go to bed in the next hour so I can get up and have TURKEY DINNER!! - Almost a check!

4 comments:

Kat said...

This is why in our family we have at least 6 Godparents (3 of each sex). Happy Thanksgiving!

Dev said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Cindy! My sister changed kiddo's godparents ~ the first set weren't ever around.

Rosie said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Fall has definitely arrived. It put me in the mood for chili and cornbread. Got the homemade chili simmering on the stove and will be whipping up cornbread just before we eat. Yum!

LinnieGayl said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Have a wonderful day. That's very sweet about your godchildren.