Sunday, September 06, 2009

Meet Pixie!

Hhhhhhheres Pixie!

Isn't she just sweet!

We didn't wait long to get a new kitty in the house. In reality we would have gotten a new one long before now but because Amber was blind we didn't want to upset her with a new scent that she couldn't identify.

Emma however, is more than ready for a new friend.

Tonight, the house doesn't feel quite a lonely as it did this past week.

Pixie was adopted from a shelter run by volunteers. She only cost 150 dollars which includes all her shots and her 'fixing' when the time comes. That's crazy cheap as a vet visit alone is 70 bucks.

I have to see if I can get a few shots of her sleepy eyes. Bob fell for her instantly because she has these slumberous eyes. He said she reminded him of me.

For the next few days she will reside in our bedroom. We introduced Em to Pix and I was baffled by the fact that Emma didn't seem to 'see' her. She sniffed around and knew something was different but it was like Pixie was invisible to her. Pixie was tired so she didn't really move, just stared at Em.

The next visit I put Em much closer to Pixie. Emma was softly meowing as if to say hello but the kitten hissed and growled. This got Em's back up and she started growling too. I feel bad for Em because I think she just wants to be friends with the little creature she has found on her mom and dad's bed.

And yes, I'm dorky enough to have already shot video. Pix is obviously sleeping like she owns the joint already while Emma sits off further down the bed purring. I can't wait for the two of them to curl up around each other and sleep together for the first time.

I know.

Patience.

I just want them both to be happy!





14 comments:

Rosario said...

Awwww! The fact that they're on the bed together after only a few hours is really good. Mine took days before they could even be in the same room without much hissing and spitting. Loved the video, BTW. Was it purring we could hear?

LinnieGayl said...

Pixie is just adorable! I can hardly believe that they're both on the bed together, purring and sleeping. You're right, it should be a very good transition.

Wendy said...

What Rosario said. If they can cohabit the same space without going after each other, that's really good progress :)

Cute kitten pictures slay me. I will not get a kitten, I will not get a kitten, I will not get a kitten.....

Mary G said...

Hi Cindy
Pixie's so cute. Perfect name for her. I'm happy for you guys.

Lea said...

Cindy!

She is SO cute... Now I want another kitten...

As Mary said perfect name for her too.

Lovely addition to the family Cindy!

You enjoy and thank you for the video.. lol

Kristie (J) said...

Awwwww - she's adorable!!! There's something so precious about little kittens isn't there??? They just seem to perk up the place.

C2 said...

Kitty! Kittykittykittykitty! Such cuteness should be illegal. :-D

Welcome to Ms. Pixie!

CindyS said...

Rosario - yep, that's Em's purr - she's really loud when she's happy. Em just wants to join in the fun while Pixie hisses and growls. So lots of attention is being paid to Em so she doesn't get upset.

LinnieGayl - the good news is the house is big and if they don't want to be near each other they can pick a room. I'm still waiting for them to be fast friends ;)

Wendy - do you hear that? I think I hear kittens calling your name!

Mary - thanks! We love her bunches already.

Lea - thanks! She was named Pixie by the volunteers because of her ears being so big. Bob likes the name so we're keeping it.

Kristie - absolutely. Had my family over tonight and brought the kitten down to the livingroom. I got a piece of string and we played for at least a solid hour with her. Em came to see what all the fuss was about and I told everyone to tell Em how pretty and beautiful she is. So hissing happened but then she moved on.

C2 - yep, she's melted our hearts little Pix has!

CindyS

nath said...

Ohhhh, new family member :D The name Pixie fits her sooo well LOL :) I love her slumber eyes!

Do you think you'll get a new puppy soon?

~ames~ said...

Hey Cindy,

Pixie is just adorable!!

I'm sorry to hear about Amber however. {{Cindy & Bob}}

A new kitten is always fun - they act so crazy and its always fun learning their quirky ways. I hope her and Emma get used to each other quickly. :P

CindyS said...

Nath - I'm not sure about a puppy right now - I'm thinking spring is best time as more time outdoors where I can work with him. We love her eyes too!

Ames - thanks sweetie - we miss Amber horribly and the house was completely empty without her so obviously we couldn't wait long.

Pixie and Em can be in the same room so we're ahead of most people I think. And it's funny to see a kitten because you'll suddenly remember every cat you've ever had and how they were as kittens. So even though I adore Pixie I keep thinking about Amber when I see her do things.

CindyS

nath said...

You're right. I think spring is a better time indeed to get a new puppy :) LOL and Pixie will bring you entertainment till then :) I hope she's not as naughty as a certain Destructo-Cat :D

ReneeW said...

I agree with everyone... Pixie's adorable and what a superbly cute name. Loved the purring on the video. Em's got an amazing purr engine going on.

CindyS said...

Nath - I'm afraid I'll jinx us if I say she's incredibly well behaved but then I will play with her for an hour at a time. I have a mouse on a string that I played with for about 1/2 hour tonight until she curled up on the couch and fell asleep!

Renee! - Yep, we're super lucky and very happy! Emma has had a loud purr always but when she snores, look out!

CindyS