Monday, August 25, 2008

Yep, It's That Time Again

Today's my birthday!!

Woohoo! So far I've raked in the loot. Okay, I don't think I'll be getting anything else because we did the birthday thing yesterday.

Chapters gift certificates from the kitties and Cody. (Amazingly they are the only ones that know me!)

Homesense gift certificates. (Okay, we do spend a lot of time over there and maybe that money will help me buy something really spiffy!)

Cineplex gift certificates. I think the last movie I saw at the theater was National Treasure II. Yeah, thank goodness these don't have expiry dates.

Oh! Got a lucky loonie. For those not in the know, it's a silver dollar with a red maple leaf that is for the Vancouver 2010 Olympics. Can't get pic but can go here to see it. Cool.

And ...

From Bob ....

An iPod Touch!!!!

I have a learning curve coming at me huge cause things are happening without me doing anything. Okay, I plugged it in and things 'synced' but after that the computer didn't know what to do. At the moment it won't connect to itunes so I'll have to wait and see.

Now, I would normally suggest that Birthday Week has begun but with Bob and I being sickies, I'm thinking of postponing it until next week which just happens to fall on Bob's week off. Thus, he will be at my beck and call.

Hmmmm.

Me likey.

And I'm 38 years young.

My SIL said 'You're 38!!!' and I was all, 'Yeah, but my hubby is 50 so I'm forever young.'

Still, it does give someone like me pause.

14 comments:

Rosie said...

You are a babe in the woods yet. 38. Yeah I'd do 38 again in a heartbeat. 28? Maybe not.

Anyway, whenever you celebrate it have a wonderful birthday week. Oh and Bob? He's one smart cookie. What with learning the Ipod Touch you can't say you're bored any more...can ya????

Happy birthday Cindy!! Hope you are feeling better too.

Mollie said...

Hap-Hap HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Rowena said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY! You lucky duck, you got an Ipod Touch, that's so cool. My sister has one and I want it soooo bad. Enjoy that sweets and have a great day!

(((((Cindy))))))

Dev said...

Happy birthday!!!! 38 is young ~ enjoy it!

~ames~ said...

Happy birthday Cindy!!!

Lucky getting an iPod touch!!

Hope you feel better soon too.

Holly said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DAY, CINDY!!!!

Shoot, 38 nuttin. You're still 25 to me. :P

I'm glad you got some good loot. I totally laughed at you about the animals being the only ones to know you. heh. Oh so true. :P

I hope you have an EXCELLENT day!

nath said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!! yay!!

I say you wait till next week for your birthday week :) It's going to be more fun for you :) and yay on gift cards :D

C2 said...

Yay! Happy happy day! :-D

Excellent presents - the iPod Touch should be nifty once you get it up and running. I love my iPhone to an unhealthy degree. ;-) Have you checked out the App Store on iTunes yet? Tons of cool free stuff - and lots of stuff to buy, too, of course.

LinnieGayl said...

Happy Birthday, Cindy! Get healthy real soon.

Jenster said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOUNGSTER!!

sula said...

woot! happy b-day! our b-days are so close together...yay august! Make it a great year. :-)

CindyS said...

Thanks Everybody!!

CindyS

Marg said...

A belated happy birthday to you Cindy! Sounds like you made out really well in the gift department!

Samantha said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!! Sorry I wasn't able to wish you a happy one on the acutal day. :/

Congrats on the Ipod Touch! They look like fun!