Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Gist


Here's the daylight picture. I got the drive blown out and just about froze my thighs off. It took hours for them to stop hurting - that's the last time I mock those who wear long johns!

Minus 30 degrees Celsius again tonight and boy did I feel it.

Bob was on a train to New York City all day today - train left at 9am and arrived at Penn Station at 1am. Poor guy. I'm a wee bit jealous of him being in NY but I know Bob too well to have done that travel (not to mention I would have been way too anxious to be locked up in a tub for the day). Bob doesn't really like to be away from home so even though he says he would stay there with me for a few days I know he would be giving me the puppy dog eyes after the first day. Then it would feed into my anxiety and it would all go to hell. Also, I'm not much for going outside in the cold so better him than me.

After blowing out the drive I came in and got Cody ready to go out. I knew he had to get out because every time I opened the back door for him to go out he would just look at me. Hey, I don't blame him, he'd be up to his ears!

I put on his new boots for his paws and just had to take a picture. He was really funny about them for the first bit but after about five minutes he just went nuts and started running almost to the end of the 25' lead. He did get to the end at one point and I wasn't fast enough so his back legs flew past his head. Poor guy. I was laughing too hard though because he was acting like a puppy and I love when I see him like that. The picture was taken after we got back in from the quick walk - the temperature dropped like crazy between getting the drive done and us going for a walk.

So now I'm just playing word games on the computer. I'm addicted but I have that gene anyways. Still haven't picked up a book and the mail person made no effort to get to my door today. Not that my books would have shown up but I'm also waiting for our health benefits cheque which is no small amount of money.

On a completely different topic I have been craving something for a few days and can't place it. I'm pretty sure it's chocolate based but so far nothing is working. Not that I've been buying lots of chocolate because I'm trying to stay away from the stuff but still, I can't figure it out!

OH! Did you watch LOST last night?

Day-AM!

The show ended and I literally said 'fucking awesome'. You know, there are not too many shows where I don't figure out where the hour is leading but WOW! I was floored by the ending. I love when a show can do that.

And, I love Desmond.

Hell, who don't I love on that show?

7 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

Boy - you guys got a dumpload! I was listening to the radio and they said two systems almost seemed to converge right over Hamilton. Looks like it did. And Cody looks adorable and oh so happy in his little booties. And wow to you for shoveling (well - blowing) out all that snow!!

And as for Lost! I hear you and said pretty much the same thing on Last Night's Lost. Awesome episode!

Anonymous said...

Looking at all that snow makes me feel like a weather coward. We had about 3 inches, topped by an inch of ice, so I stayed home yesterday. Snow is fine, but snow that looks like ice? Nope, not for me, safer if I do not drive. I curled up on the couch and watched the news and listened to the reports of school closures and highway accidents and felt smug. Well, until I started to go stir crazy.

I fell asleep after the first 20 minutes or so of Lost! Missed it!

nath said...

hey Cindy :)

Cody looks so cute and handsome, all groomed and in his boots :) I hope he had fun outside :) You're a champion for blowing the snow away! We got 30cm and I only cleared the cars and the entryway and I was frozen this morning. (I don't need to do the driveway, because we have snowplow service). Hope you and Cody have fun while Bob is gone!

~ames~ said...

Hey Cindy, I'm so jealous that Cody actually wears his boots and enjoys them. I wish Max would.

C2 said...

Can't you just tell Cody was thinking "Hey, look at me all stylin' in my new boots!" LOL I'm still jealous of all the snow.

And LOST was awesome last night!! :-D

Jenster said...

I was hoping to get to see a nekkid Desmond again. THAT would have been awesome!! I love to hear him talk. :o)

Unknown said...

I'll take 102 degree heat over that snow anyday of the week.

Keishon