Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow!!!

Now, maybe you don't know that I really, really, really dislike winter but it's not that I hate snow. I hate the shorter days. So, I'm tickled by our first official snow storm.

Anyone wanna come for a BBQ?

Yep, that's our backyard table and chairs - those two things on the right are Bob's Pepsi and Coke coolers. AND it's still snowing.

I had to take the pictures in the dark because Bob is taking the camera with him tomorrow for three days.

Since the storm is supposed to last well into tomorrow I made stew - so I'm set for the next few days.

Even so, I'm not afraid to drive in the snow at all so I'm one of those people who doesn't think twice about running out to the store. In fact, Bob and I celebrated Valentine's Day today because he leaves by train to New York City on business (lucky guy - course I would want to go for more than one day). Since I'm a procrastinator, I had to go out and get a few gift cards and chocolate for Bob, some groceries and uh, the bookstore. Snow schmow.

I bought some books online last night because I'm desperate for something light and frothy and my TBR pile looks like it's all about the drama. Ooops. Still, my desperation took me to the big bookstore today and I bought NOTHING! It hurt to walk out the door without buying anything but I was just lost in the aisles. Not a good feeling.

I'll save the list of books I bought for when they arrive.

What's that?

Yeah, I lied and shouldn't be posting but c'mon, I had to post my fun snow pics!! They make me happy!

Dang! I almost forgot! I managed to get our gigantic snow blower out and started and got the drive way cleared out! I did it for Bob as kind of a Valentine's gift and I figured, hey, what would be sexier for a man than seeing his driveway all cleared out without him having to move.

Yeah, I got his number.

Bob, however, does love his toys and kind of hovered as he got home when I was only half done the driveway. I insisted he go in and relax but he stayed out and shoveled out the walkway. I went and did a neighbours driveway ( I didn't know they had a blower) thinking I could be helpful. By the time I was done, I stank of gasoline and exhaust (Bob wasn't even near the machine and he stank of it also) and my thighs were so cold you could have pushed a straight pin into them and I wouldn't have felt it!

I figure getting out in the fresh (and I mean fresh) air is the kind of stuff my body needs and it definitely kept my energy high for the day and now I'm exhausted so I'll be heading to be soon and yeah, it's 4 am.

Whatever.

The next three days are going to be all about me!

Okay, that's normal but since I'm going to be alone, it's REALLY going to be all about ME!!!

8 comments:

nath said...

Hey Cindy! Super pretty pictures! Unfortunately, I think that storm is coming to Montreal :( Boo! I don't dislike the snow and I'm not afraid of driving in it either, the problem is that it slows everything down and create super major traffic jam. Being stuck in it for more than an hour, no thanks. We're supposed to get 30cm, sigh.

You were so nice, clearing the driveway and your neighbor's entry! We have a snow clearing service, so it's not too bad for my house :P Anyway, hope you had a nice Valentine's day :)

Kristie (J) said...

I heard you really got nailed with the snow in your neck of the woods!! That kind of looks like my picture from last December. Just hunker down and enjoy it 'cause it sounds like you (and us) are going to get a lot more!
I hope my neighbour does my driveway!

Jenster said...

We finally got our first real snow of the winter yesterday, too. Unfortunately, it started sleeting last night and the roads are icy. I don't mind driving in snow, but I won't drive on ice. Been there, done that, not worth it.

Enjoy your days!!

~ames~ said...

I am SO jealous!!

We have freezing temps but I want SNOW. boo on Ontario!! LOL

I am very proud of myself. I went to Wal-Mart with Big Momma last night and she was looking at cards, so I just turned around and looked at the books. There was the latest Lora Leigh on the shelf, and I didn't buy it! It was hard though. I didn't even pick it up. If I touched it I knew I would have been a goner. LOL

ReneeW said...

Snow is so pretty but I'm so glad it's you and not me. If I have to suffer through one more snow storm I may jump on a plane to Arizona. You are way braver than me, driving in the stuff scares the bejeezus out of me. You are so sweet to clear the driveway for Bob. Happy Valentine's Day!

Mailyn said...

I am from Florida so excuse me because all I can say is OMG LOOK AT ALL THAT SNOW!!!! LOL

I still can't get over it. (O_o)

Bob & Muffintop said...

Love the snow pics!! We had a 'weather event' but it was mostly sleet & ice. Almost no snow. :( I love to take our little car out to the nearest parking lot & do donuts. Scares the crap out of hubby!

I hate coming out of the bookstore without books. Very depressing.

C2 said...

We want snow here, too! Can't you ship some down? We actually did have a few flakes drifting around today (unusual for us) but nothing stayed on the ground or anything. Darn it all!!