Friday, February 02, 2007

Me and My World

Just thought I would pop in and say nothing is new.

February 1st and I'm already in a 'pip-pip-cheerio' kind of mood.

That was sarcasm but I'm officially a shut in and can't remember how to clearly convey my thoughts to others. So far, mind melding with Cody is about all I can manage. Poor bastard.

On that note, it will get to minus 25 round these here parts so no walking the dog. I don't know what's worse - crawling up the walls on my own or having my Cody bear join me in an 'ants in his pants' frenzy. Poor guy doesn't get the whole, no walking cause your paws will fall off kind of weather.

Bob, meanwhile, is politely averting his gaze whenever Cody and I start the crazy ways. Sure, he has to go out to work - boo-frickin'-hoo!!

Then, then I tell you he is going to go and work at that 'other' house all weekend and leave me here all alone!

Okay, my sleep is definitely on the nocturnal side so it's not like I'll know he's not here BUT I *will* know! Oh, all right, it's more like there are no stores open when I am up and I can't get out of the house.

Now I know how our cats feel!

I should also own up to the fact that I cancelled on the dinner Saturday night with my best friend. I already know that my stomach is going to have a melt down. How you ask? It comes along with the other wonderful thing mother nature sends my way. Isn't being a woman grand? My friend was bummed but she bounced back - I think she just wants me to come and see her and since I haven't been up during the day for the last few weeks it's been a while. I need to make sure I get over to see her next week for sure. I think I may go over early on Saturday to take her her birthday card and present.

Let's recap. Acting like a shut-in, bored out of my mind (oops forgot to mention that), SAD is in full effect (our house is from the 50s and the outlets don't have three holes so I can't plug my SAD light in - I'm going out to see if I can find an adaptor this weekend!! Bob keeps saying he'll change out the plug but I'm seeing exactly where on the list I am and I'm telling ya, it's dead last! Yes, I'm being a drama queen - comes with February), TV blows chunks and I've seen almost everything that has been released on DVD.

Take it Queen!!

7 comments:

Bob & Muffintop said...

I don't thnink I've ever seen that clip before. Very cool!

I hope Bob changes an outlet for you soon.

nath said...

Hey Cindy!

I hope you're going to feel better and good decision not to go walk Cody. The worst is that they're predicting even colder temperatue next week - well at least for Montreal. Perhaps you have it before us. Also, you kind of lost me... What "other" house are talking about?

CindyS said...

Bookwormom - I pretty much scared Bob this morning as the poor guy got up and I was right there explaining how I needed that SAD light plugged in NOW!! He started to say he had to change the plug when I lost it and said he'd been saying that for months. Yep. Scary Cindy was on a rampage - Bob got an extension cord out pronto ;)

Nath - the 'other' house is a house that we are renovating and by 'we' I mean mostly Bob. This is our third reno house and we need a break. A huge honking break!!

CindyS

~ames~ said...

Hey good thing Bob got an extension cord! Now let me tell you something-scare Bob into getting you a treadmill. You don't need to use it, but Cody does. Our treadmill is broken (the computer part of it anyways) but I managed to get it going and gave Max some exercise yesterday because we're in the -30s. Lots of fun.

ReneeW said...

Yikes! I'm hope that is -25 CELCIUS. Still damn cold. I guess it's your turn for the cold weather. By all means get that SAD light plugged in. I hate being stuck in the house which is what happens here whenever it snows here because the whole damn city shuts down. I start climbing the walls. Hope you start feeling better.

Suisan said...

God, I haven't heard that song since forever.

I hope you get out of the house at some point. Tick Tock Tick Tock.

C2 said...

I could be a hermit, if the world would let me. Is it sad that I'm jealous?? LOL

I don't want to be a hermit bad enough to move to the frozen north, though! Should I mention that we got maybe an inch of snow overnight Wed/Thurs and schools and businesses were delayed at least a couple of hours? We didn't even get much below 30 (Fahrenheit). :-D

Go and bask under your SAD light!