Saturday, December 01, 2007

I Am Not A Liar!

Being the forgetful monkey I am, I was reminded of a baking party I was invited to on Monday.

The irony is pouring itself on a bit thick around here.

On Tuesday the Christmas train rolls into town and Bob wants to go and see it. I figured what the hell, maybe the Christmas Spirit will roll in with it and I won't have to hunt it down and shoot it like most years.

So Wednesday night is D-day for Weight Watchers.

With that in mind I have been watching what I eat. I have watched two cokes get poured, four cookies hit the hatch and some fries and gravy. Can't wait to see what Bob'll help me with when he gets up. I'm thinking breakfast of champions at our favourite restaurant. (When I did WW years ago I discovered very early on that our Saturday morning breakfasts used up all the days allotted points so unless I wanted to eat air for the rest of the day I had to stop. And we did. We go very rarely now but I'm thinking it's called for this weekend!)

The pop is going to kill me. Bob 'splits' things with me so even though I will pour two cokes, I'm not really drinking two. Still, I'm not sure what I am drinking but when Bob went to reach for the pop (I take lots of ice and drinks when we're shopping so when we get back to the car we can soothe the parched throats from shopping malls and their dry air to help force their patrons to buys drinks - ooooops, there's my conspiracy nut hanging) and it was empty - I turned to him and said, 'I'm not going to be counting those kind of points! You totally hooved (as in Hoover) that down.' To which I get 'It wasn't me Hoove!'

I'm just saying. Someone has to count those points!

I told Bob no chocolate or anything sweet for Christmas (I usually get sugar overload from people - seriously, quit buying the fat people on your list chocolates. We'll eat them but we'll be cursing you the whole time)

I would update you on my back but I'm dodging the Irony gods, the 'Ohnoyoudinit' gods and the Careful What You Wish for gods.

So on a completely different topic all together, those stick on heat pads are fantabulous! Except for the one that left a huge red mark on my skin. It did help me to place the new stick on though.

Enough jibber-jab, off to try and read. Oh look! It's 5am already? I'm thinking breakfast will be soon so maybe I should go and watch more bad TV.

Blergh.

7 comments:

sula said...

good morning sunshine! gah, I can't believe I woke up at 5am on a Saturday and could NOT get back to sleep for the life of me. oh well. I go to my WW meeting in about an hour from now (it starts at 9am), so it's all good.

I come from a family of big breakfast eaters, but I've found ways to make my cravings fit my WW lifestyle. Egg white omelettes are my new friend along with healthy olive oil. Fill 'em up with loads of mushrooms, onions, peppers and tomatoes (drool). I found some killer breakfast sausages made from chicken meat (Costco!) that are only 1 point for one link. The Nature's Own Double Fiber bread is two slices for a point. So yeah, it's possible to trick oneself into thinking you're getting a hearty breakfast. lol.

I hate it when people give me candy because my BF doesn't like sweets and I do. So it has to come to work and be distributed otherwise I would gnaw on it at home.

good luck with your efforts! you know you can do it. :)

Kristie (J) said...

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy - There is no need for you to watch bad TV when I know you have something of Great Delight you can pop into your DVD which will fill you with oooie goooiness when you are done watching it. I speak the truth. And the best part - when you are done, you can come and visit and read!! You CAN join The Crusade!

Dev said...

LOL, Kristie :-)

Why is it the only thing on at 5am is infomercials?

I like the Costco brand eggbeaters ~ I cook them up with olive oil, lots of veggies and some reduced fat cheese. Yummy.

Stacy~ said...

I've started eating healthier (or at least I've tried to) and it's amazing how obsessed with food I've become. It's crazy. Good luck with the Weight Watchers. I know quite a few people who've had great success with it.

Love the holiday look, btw :)

Devon said...

Hope your back is doing better. Best of luck with the WW. It's tough this time of year, but it looks like lots o'folks have tips and stuff.

Love the festive new look!

CindyS said...

Sula - I'm not one to eat breakfast normally but on the weekends or when Bob is on holiday we treat ourselves. I forgot about that when I decided to start this week. Ooops ;) I have to eat bigger dinners because I find I'm hungrier closer to bed time so I eat very few points during the day, have a big dinner and leave a few points for popcorn if I'm lucky.

My fear is this time around there are no real deserts that are low fat up her in Canada. The first time around they had dinners and deserts (which saved me) and I could drink diet pop. No diet pop this time around because it flares up my panic attacks.

Lots and lots and lots of water!

Kristie - the TV season is almost over and I'm saving that movie for a 'break in case of emergency'. You know how I am ;)

Dev - At 5am those info-mercials sound like a great idea!

Stacy - I'm already remembering foods that I enjoyed more when I ate in moderation. I'm looking forward to shedding pounds and getting healthier!

Devon - thanks! I'm thrilled that others are also doing WW so I have some people to cry too ;) My back is doing well. Again vague but I'm tip toeing around those evil doers!

CindyS

Bob & Muffintop said...

CindyS~ Love the Christmas theme, it's very cheerful. I've never tried WW. I hope you're successful. Lose a few pounds for me too while you're at it! :)