Friday, April 13, 2007

Blue River


I'm sucking wind over here!!

I am so bored I don't know what to do with myself. Bob has suggested helpful shit like clean the house, vacuum, laundry, you know fun stuff that makes your toes curl with glee.

Meh.

I did de-clutter my kitchen which means a ton of crap was carted to and fro since the kitchen is our 'dumping' ground. Heaven forbid I can actually get to the cleaners under the sink, it takes me an hour of sorting and moving stuff.

And why is it I have a bigger house and less storage?

Maybe I'm collecting way too much shit.

Hey, I did our taxes too. That's progress. Course, if I do it the way it's been set up by my father in the past few years we would get a ton of money back but we'd have to pay it to them again next year when the house finally sells. I tell ya, taxes. Blergh. And Bob's helpful in a 'you don't have to do anything with that stuff because we didn't have or sell a house next year'. Uh, yeah doo-fie, you still need to put the numbers in there and that's a huge pain in the arse when there is a partner who hasn't sent me any financials. Bob does taxes in his head but not in real life. Two thumbs up.

Mission for you:

Give me some of your best reads from 2007. I have 40 bucks in gift certificates burning a hole in my pocket but I'm afraid to pick out anything. It all looks like romantic suspense and those aren't working for me lately.

I even went to Amazon and looked at my recommendations and I swear they are all rom/susp. All because I said I love Anne Stuart and I do, I really, really do!

I'm currently tip-toeing through my TBR pile but the 'sickies' are still hanging in although I think I'm handling it way better than poor Bob did. The first three days were killer but hopefully I'm on an upswing.

I hope I didn't just jinx myself!

Oh and the weather has turned crappy again.

WTF?

And, I'm back on nights. Being a sickie sent the clock into overdrive. It's 8am and I'm soon off to bed.

Okay, I'm going to let you go on to bigger and brighter things. Go find something cool and shiny and share with the class!

6 comments:

Kailana said...

I'd try and help you out on the reading recs but we seem to have differing opinions on reading interests. :)

I don't know about the rest of the world, but I know that I have been having the worst time buying books lately. Nothing interests me, I swear. Even my wish list on amazon is only books I want, but don't need. I feel lost in the book seas this year. :(

Congrats on cleaning the kitchen and doing the taxes. Both tasks that I generally like to avoid. :)

Holly said...

Sorry about the boredom thing. That happens to me often and I find I can't even fill my time with a book lately. Sad, ain't it?

Let's see, best reads...

Have you read Summer Breeze by Catherine Anderson yet? That was one of my top reads for '06 and something I think you would enjoy.

What else? Poison Study and Magic Study, but I'm not sure if you're in the mood for something like that.

Oh, I really loved Natural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips.

You know, I think that's about all I can come up with right now. The Kitten Club by Dara Edmondson was really good, but darker than I expected. What are you in the mood for?

~ames~ said...

I don't feel like I can make any recommendations for you. :( I guess the only thing left to do is clean the house. LOL

Or read Naomi Novik's Temeraire series. The first book rocks.

Rosie said...

Cindy, I just posted a comment over on my blog that I had an email to send you thinking I'd find your email addy on your site.

Email it to me at RnG1180@aol.com. Or not if you don't want to! : )

CindyS said...

Kailana - so what have you hated lately ;) I know what you mean, I was just over at Chapters and I came back with nothing. Yikes.

Holly - I think I'm looking for a quick read but with some meat. I was thinking about Lisa Kleypas - I think I have some of her Bow Street Runner books still around. I have Summer Breeze! I'll make a note on that one. I have Poison Study which I think would be something different for me. The Kitten Club - is it a romance? Cause I do like 'em dark ;)

Ames!!! No cleaning!! I'll make a note and read your review - I haven't really branched out into fantasy (if that is what it is) yet. I want to create a dent in my TBR pile like you!

Rosie - I e-mailed you - sorry about not have a link to e-mail here - now I have to figure out how to do that. I thought it would be automatic. Duh ;)

CindyS

Anonymous said...

I think SB qualifies as quick but with meat.

TKC by Dara Edmondson IS romance, and it's pretty good. Not dark, dark, like Anne Stuart, but darker than I thought considering the blurb and cover (yes, I know, don't judge a book by it's cover..whatever..).

PS is really good and really dark. I just did a re-read last night. Very good.