Saturday, April 21, 2007

A Little Bliss


Yesterday I went to an epicurean party - basically tuperware party only you buy herbs and spices. I'm nothing if not supporting of people who sell at these parties, especially since the ones who go to Sue's parties are a loud bunch. And yes, this includes me. I'm a little upset that I missed the last party after hearing how the participants got drunk and spent small fortunes. Since I'm not a drinker I would have just laughed my ass off.

So I dropped some coin and will see some jar showing up in the future.

On that note, since I don't have kids I'm going to start hitting my friends up for the odd family thing that comes across my desk. My dear cousin works for a daycare and they are moving so they are having a Spaghetti dinner (not my first choice for food) that's only 6 dollars a person. I dropped that one on the ladies at the party and got some weird looks. Looks like stuff like that only works when you have a kid. Still, I'm going to start pushing back!

Today has been a wonderful day both weather wise and Bob wise. I haven't really gotten out of my PJs because my body has been on the brink of sleep for most of the day. Oh, I was up at 4am and was dressed and ready for my hubby to take me to breakfast at 6:30am. I always throw him off when I'm up before him and Lordy, I can talk the poor man's ear off.

We got home and he went to the 'other' house and I went back up to bed at 11am but I couldn't sleep. I got up when he got home and then sat on the couch and watched a few shows - I was still whacked. Finally I decided to start Claiming the Courtesan by Anna Campbell - all I know is that right now I hate the hero. He's such an asshole and the way he thinks of the heroine is painful but I'm looking forward to seeing if Campbell can reform him.

I then crawled back into bed and heard Bob outside cleaning and scrubbing up the BBQ. I think I fell asleep for about an hour and then Bob woke me with a steak dinner and roast potatoes.

I know! I'm such a spoiled woman!

Now, I'm all bundled up because we have had the windows open all day and since I love being able to air out the house, I don't have the heart to close them yet.

On another note, Bob and I have discovered that Cody greatly resents the 'gate' we put up when we leave the house. I put the gate up and right in front of me Cody grabbed an envelope off the desk - I took it from him, did a scan of the room and saw that everything was up. We came home to a destroyed Kleenex box. Then this morning when we went out I knew he was going to eat something but again, what? He chewed an old pair of my slippers in his rage. Silly dog. So this afternoon I left him out of the room. When we got home we found him upstairs sleeping by the bed. Bob figured he thought I was in the bed. So tomorrow we'll try again. The only thing I worry about is the leather couch we have. All I need is for him to decide it's just one big rawhide.
Okay, off to veg in front of the TV. I hope you are all having a great weekend and that the weather is wonderful and of course, if you have some reading in your future, I hope it's a keeper.

3 comments:

Rosie said...

We are having a very quiet weekend. Lousy weather is keeping us pretty much inside. I've read two books already. Now I'm ready for some movie watching.

nath said...

Sounds like a nice and relaxing week-end you had Cindy :D You're lucky :) and I agree with you, the weather has been amazingly nice :) and poor Cody ^^; I hope he won't be destroying the couch :P

by the way, I don't understand the spaghetti dinner thing... why were ppl looking at you weirdly?

CindyS said...

Rosie - I have been disappointed in my rentals lately - I'm waiting for tomorrow for the Denzel Washington movie.

Nath - My friends all have kids and I get hit up for all kinds of fund raiser things - the money I have to dole out is ludicrous. Not sure why I got the look but I thin it was more of a 'you don't have kids so I'm not giving money' kind of thing. *shrug* I just know now I don't have to buy stuff that the others bring now - I have my out!

CindyS