Sunday, April 01, 2007

Next!

I got the stickers! It's the little things in life that make me happy.

I also bought Bob a boatload of chems to put in his sicky body. Now, Bob never takes medicine - hates to for some reason. So there I am with a bottle of NyQuil and I'm laughing to myself because this stuff should knock him flat on his ass. I mean, I take sleeping pills and NyQuil will still take me from awake to drooling unconsciousness in seconds.

Bob's little sicky germs laughed. Course, he may not wake up with the alarm tomorrow but I was shocked that the meds did nothing. He sounds bad and we think he's going to lose his voice.

Meanwhile, I keep dodging the kisses. Poor guy, I don't even want to snug!

I figure if I get out of this I'll be mincemeat next year - managed to not get sick once this year, means I have no antibodies for next year. I have a tickle in my throat and a bubble in one of my sinuses but I'm using that Oprah thing about 'The Secret' where I just think myself healthy. *snort* While I'm doing that I'm thinking I'm thin, rich and 20. So far, no good. Thanks for the good vibes being sent my way - hopefully if it hits I won't get it as bad as Bob!

Tomorrow I'm going out with my best friend to get the Easter stuff for the Godchildren - I don't want to be running around last minute so I figure if we go tomorrow I can get it all done!

Bob took me over to the 'other' house tonight to show me the progress. Looks real good but I know there's at least another month of work. Bob says as we're leaving 'I thought you would freak because it doesn't look like a lot got done'. I just looked at him. The first two houses took 9 months each and that was when they (Bob and Dad) worked every weekend and three nights a week. This house, they(Bob and Cam) didn't really get into the house until Jan because no one else can do the work if Bob's not there. Basically, it's a clusterfuck and what gets me every time is that the men always say shit like, 'as long as we break even'. Fuck that! If we only break even I will tell Bob he's done because I lose lots of time with him and I won't even get into the hassles of getting him out socially!

Nuts, I'm going to.

This weekend is Easter weekend so I told Bob he has to go to his parents (I'll bloody well go by myself if he bails) which I want done on Good Friday and then of course, my parents will have us over for dinner either Saturday or Sunday. Again, I don't do well when I have to *be* somewhere but as long as I feel like I have some control I'll be okay. So Bob only gets one day in this weekend to work on the other house.

Yeah, I'm all teary eyed.

(Have I found my sarcasm button lately or what!?)

I have started Ice Blue by Anne Stuart but I think I'll wait now until Tuesday because Bob leaves for three days and I'll have my obligations out of the way so it'll just be me, Cody, Amber and Emma.

And one great book.

3 comments:

~ames~ said...

Can't wait for your review on that Anne Stuart! Still hoping you won't get sick.

I took two cats to the vet today. I took one cat last week. All in all, I spent over a thou on my 4 animals in 2007 alone. ouch. :(

How's Cody doing?

CindyS said...

Oh Ames - I feel your pain! I remember when we had Bunny (beautiful buterscotch kitty), Rocky and Cody cost us a thousand in a month. It was eyebrow raising for sure! With our focus so much on Cody I forget that our cats are 13 and 11!

Cody is doing great - if it wasn't for the fact that he has cancer he would be perfectly healthy. The vet did a once over and there was nothing different or bad - he has gained 10lbs in the last 6 months (I told Bob to quit it with the biscuits - we wouldn't care but his back legs are getting sore and I figure the extra weight isn't helping).

We put him back on the antibiotics and I tell ya, his nose drained in two days and he sounds so much better!

Thanks for asking Ames!

CindyS

nath said...

Hey Cindy!

Hope you stay healthy :D Perhaps that's why Bob is not getting better so fast: he doesn't get hugs and kisses!