Saturday, March 31, 2007

Where Am I?

I'm up during the day.

By that I mean my eyes are open but I'm plagued by that hazy dopey feeling of not quite being in the room.

Yesterday was 'run Cindy ragged' day. Okay, there were a few hours where I had to make it to appointments and well, I don't do well with structured time lines.

Up here in good ol' Ontario Canada we have this @#@!# thing called the Drive Clean whatchamacallit. Basically, every year I have to go to the mall and stand in a line to get the renewed licence plate stickers because Bob works or some such bullshit. Anyways, every two years you have to have your vehicle run through a garage to test the crap coming out of the exhaust. It's 40 bucks a pop.

Well, I wasn't paying attention - I know, quelle surprise - and discovered sometime earlier this week that we needed the trucks to have the DC thing done. The trucks. Or as I like to call them, the toolboxes on wheels.

The stupid stickers expire the last day of March so I have to get the friggin' trucks into the auto shop pronto and lucky for me they had two openings, 9:15am and 10:30am. The thingie takes 15 minutes so I have to sit in the waiting room while very loud men talk on phones and to each other. I never look forward to this because I don't like feeling trapped. Then there is the whole 'it's not over yet' feeling after picking up the first truck.

Did it end here? Nope. I realized Cody was slipping a bit with his sinuses and decided the vet needed to see him to understand why Bob and I wanted him on anti-biotics till the end. Basically, on anti-biotics he can breathe. Not on anti-biotics his sinuses fill up and he can barely breathe. Appointment is 11:45am.

Now, I set the appointment because Bob misheard something the vet told him. That was a $100.00 mistake. The vet has no problem with Cody taking the meds and is happy to accomodate his needs and doesn't even need to see him. Uh, hi. A vet visit costs money! She will even prescribe him pain meds without a visit if we notice he is starting to feel pain.

Bob almost felt some pain.

After all that running around I allowed myself to just sit and veg in front of the TV. I was tired but I knew I had to stay up to complete the crazy 'beat the clock' game my body likes to play.

Today I got up at 11am and started out to pick up health insurance for Bob because he is traveling this week. This usually has me standing in a line for more than 15 minutes but today no one was at the CAA - phew. I was right across from the mall where I had to get Bob's stickers but he called on my brand stinkin' new cell phone (I knew there was a reason I didn't carry one before) and asked me to come home for lunch because he was back from the other house.

So I left without going to the mall (it would have taken me an hour to find a parking spot) and came home to find a sick Bob mad at the world and most especially the printer which never works for him. After telling him to leave the room I got the printer working so he could get his electrics diagram he needed and he was off to the other house again.

Somehow this threw my day off and I ended up sitting and vegging. Well, I did have to do a write up for the AAR mini-poll that just wound up. It took me two hours to write that puppy up.

Tomorrow is sticker day. Stupid stickers.

Oh, and Bob the sicky is taking the afternoon off tomorrow to be with me. He has been sick for 3 days and I haven't fallen ill yet, I'm guessing tomorrow is D-day because he leaves on Tuesday and isn't back until very late Thursday night. I was getting all geared up to paint a room while he was away but I know that life loves to play jokes on me.

If I am truly blessed I will not be a hacking, coughing, sneezing, nose blowing mess by the end of this weekend.

I feel the need to do some prayer.

5 comments:

C2 said...

Oh no!! I hope you're not sickly...tell Bob to keep his germs to himself! :o)

I had to do the car thing last week, too. Blah.

Suisan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suisan said...

Stupid typo on the last post due to lack of functional "space" key which made the whole thing illegible. Here. I'll try again:

cars and deadlines and stickers and smog checks and insurance renewals and taxes and health care re-enrollments and appointments and I DO NOT GET ALONG.

It's a wonder that I can make it through a day sometimes. I'm forty this year. You would think that registering the car (over the internet) or paying the insurance premium would be automatic at this point.

~ames~ said...

I hope you don't get sick, Cindy. :P Manitobans don't have to do the smog thingy-which seems odd. But thanks for this post, I need to renew my stickers and my license.

HUGS

nath said...

Hey Cindy!

Hope you're all right and in good health :D anything that has to do with cars and insurances and licenses suck...