Saturday, March 10, 2007

Huh.

I finished Lover Revealed but I'm not going to blog about it right now - the epic novel I am writing will need much more time.

Let's just say I am done with series books! *shakes fist*

*sigh*

Short and sweet I would rate it a B but every time I think about what I'm going to say about Lover Revealed my brain shorts out and 15 rants start up. Too much pissed me off but it's more about me than about the book. I think. I'm staying away from other reviews right now but I really want to go read what others have said cause I'm wondering if I'm a freak. STOP!

Anyways, let's not get into it now.

I have to head to bed soon but I thought of all this stuff I was going to blog and about and poof, it's gone.

Poor you.

Here's one thing for ya.

(Okay, here's a link so you know where I *might* be coming from)

(Here's another where JMC says everything so much better than I ever could (okay, just read the link above and then the first comment by JMC))

Every genre ever written has books in it that suck donkey kong balls.

That's right, romance isn't the only genre you will find duds. Course, publishing more books in a month than other any other genre makes it seem like maybe there are more crappy books but I'm betting percentage wise it's all the same.

That's why people write reviews in other genres too. *whispers* Cause the other genres have books that only get one star, dagger, dragon, time machine too.

Yeah, that's right.

Somewhere in the world someone is throwing a Robert Jordan, Tony Hellerman, Dan Brown book across their bedroom and slamming it into the wall.

And then they go looking for matches.

Don't kid yourself.

There are sucky books every where so don't give me any shit about how male writers write better, smarter heroines than female writers. Sure they do. But only in books. Let's not hold Lara Croft Boob Raider against them. Or any action movie made in the past 20 years where the heroine is a screaming nightmare of stupidity. No. That's different.

So if you are reading a bunch of male authors who you feel are really getting their female character right then good for you (I'm betting they are a woman using a male pseudonym but whatever) ride the wave baby because I'm betting you had to read just as many horrible heroines written by men to find those heavenly books.

If you didn't, please rub a penny and send it on over to my house so I can get your kind of luck. I'll buy some lottery tickets so I can buy more of my 'brain candy'.

And on that note, if one more person says romance is just 'brain candy' I'm going to tell them to FUCK OFF!!

Unless it's my mother.

Then I'll just refill her wine glass countless times, wait till she's lying on the floor in a drunken stupor and then tell her to fuck off.

In a whisper.

Cause unlike most heroines in romance (according to some people), I ain't stupid.

6 comments:

Marg said...

bCindy, you have such a lovely way with words! LOL!!

If you want I could tell your mother from here. Even at the top of my voice I am not sure she would here me too loudly! LOL!

Marg said...

Dammit...how did that stray b get in there!

nath said...

Hey Cindy :D Don't forget to include your rants in your blogging, I want to know about it :D Also, about the Eileen Wilks series, it's focused on one or two characters, unlike the BDB series where you follow the different brothers. As for sucky books, yeah, there are some in any genres :D

Bev (BB) said...

Nothing to say really. Just haven't commented here in a while and thought I would while you were a wake. Sort of. :D

meljean brook said...

LOLOL! I've got a flag if you ever need a visual to go along with that statement.

~ames~ said...

What you say is so true. Every genre has its duds.