Thursday, March 22, 2007

We're At Defcon Four People!

You know, I could never figure out why defcon four would be worse than defcon one - like a countdown but maybe I'm totally confused.

Anyways!

Today is the anniversary of the blessed day that Bob arrived on planet earth.

Okay, maybe that's harsh but 'came out of his mom' seemed gross and I seem to have a brain block lately with words. They're always 'just' there and then poof, I have no clue.

So, it's Bob's birthday or what Bob and I like to call The Beginning Of Birthday Week.

Now, when it's my birthday, birthday week rocks! When it's Bob's birthday week things revolve around what he wants instead of me saying 'deal with it'.

Which means, that when he found out my parents couldn't come to our house on Saturday night, instead of moving everyone to Friday he decided to have half the family on Saturday night and now my parents are coming for his birthday dinner (Thursday night). Dinner I had to cook because ordering in pizza two nights in the same week seems piggish and lazy. So those two beef tenderloins I bought today to cook on Bob's new indoor BBQ (our stove top) couldn't be done on his birthday - he says we should do it on Friday night.

I'm thinking he'll be lucky to be alive by Friday.

In my world, Bob and I have dinner and then basically have a relaxing night. Friday night more of the same, Saturday the entire family with pizza and goodies and then Sunday comes and my hair is still attached to my head.

Bob's way has had me running around all night making up a lasagna and picking up in general cause hey, the parents are coming - still have to vacuum even though I did that yesterday and making a list of things Bob needs to pickup at lunch because my sleep is a mess and I'm already bitchy.

Friday night - granted this should be relaxing but I have a feeling Bob will come up with something to throw my evening off - Oy vey!! I didn't tell you about last Sunday morning - Bob wanted to visit he parents but it had to be in the morning - IN THE MORNING - and he needed to be there and back within a specific time and blah, blah, blah, by 3 am I had a stress tummy and thought I was going to throw up so I woke Bob and said I couldn't go and the bastard cancelled on his parents - I'm like - just go!!! I'm pretty sure that's when bitchy Cindy showed up and she hasn't left all week.

Where were we? Right!

Saturday - have to get up before everyone gets here - I'm sleeping later - I think my body has become used to me always pushing it around the clock and now it thinks that's normal. Stupid body.

During all this his Godchildren would like to see him.

So if I go missing for a few days it's because I'm hiding the body.

8 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

Well, say Happy Birthday to Birthday Bob and make sure you treat him special today.

Jenster said...

Happy birthday to Bob! Hopefully Bob's Post-Birthday week will be better for you. :o)

nath said...

Happy Birthday to Bob! Hopefully, you'll survive :D

Rosie said...

Happy birthday to Bob and condolences to you! BTW, Jenny Crusie asked her readers to help her "hide a body that will never be found" for a short story over on her blog if you need help in that department. ;)

Holly said...

Aww, Happy Birthday Bob!

And if you need help with the body, just holler. I have contacts, you know. :P

ReneeW said...

Happy Birthday to another Bob. My Bob spent his birthday (Sunday) golfing and then we took him out to dinner. He only gets one day. I don't think I could handle more. You are such a good wife to spoil him like that. I'm not telling my Bob about this in case he gets ideas :)

Mailyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB!!!! And a big hug for you Cindy. ^___^

You can do it!!!

~ames~ said...

Happy birthday to Bob!!