Thursday, November 29, 2007

Maybe Better

I'm going to head off to read some but thought I would let you guys know I'm fine.

My back is tender but nothing that should send me anywhere medical. (I'm being vague so I don't incur some sort of kick back from the Fates)

At this moment my stomach hurts more than my back and I foresee a tough hour of intestinal distress coming straight for me. Corn chips are not my friend.

So, uh, I've been thinking for a while that it's time for me to lose weight.

Ho-kay.

How's everyone feeling? I'm the only one wanting to puke?

Geez, talk about anxiety.

The plan is tell no one in *real life* except for Bob cause poor bastard is going to be doing the diet with me. Weight Watchers worked for me before and I'm sure it can work again *fingers crossed* but it's just getting my butt in gear and taking the leap.

I've been making excuses like 'my meds cause weight gain'. They do but, uh, no. I eat stupid.

Then there is my fear of trying and discovering I can't lose weight.

Queue death knell.

Let's not start with the fact that I have a lot of weight to lose. This ain't no twenty pounder we're talking about!

Right. I'm on the cusp of erasing this and pretending I never wrote this. So I'm going to publish with no checking so it's out there. Then maybe I can deal with it.

Yeah. I can - okay, I'm totally stalling.

9 comments:

nath said...

We'll be your moral supporters!! and I'm glad your back doesn't hurt so much.

LinnieGayl said...

Cindy: count me in as part of your moral support squad if you decide to do it! I'm very happy your back isn't worse...I've been wondering about it.

Dev said...

You can do it, Cindy! I've got to get back ontrack also ~ but I'm waiting until after the holidays. I'll cheer you on all the way.

Megan Frampton said...

It is really freaking hard, Cindy, but I know you are stubborn as hell. You can definitely do it.

Take it one day at a time.

Holly said...

Remember my diet from a couple months ago? The yogurt and fruit diet? Yeah, totally gained 10lbs on it. GAINED. Who GAINS weight eating nothing but fruit and yogurt? Ugh.

I'll do WW with you, babe. Just let me know when you're ready. :)

Mollie said...

I've been thinking about doing WW again too... I'm in with you and Holly. I'm seriously getting fat. It's not cool. Sigh.

Rosie said...

Go Cindy! Lots of moral support. I've done WW before. It's cool and I have all the point counter books too, so bring it on.

I thought I left a comment about your back, but it isn't there. Huh, I'm hallucinating again.

Hope the back and the tummy both are better.

CindyS said...

Nath - I'll take it!! A cheering section is definitely going to be handy ;)

LinnieGayl - Woohoo! Number 2 in the cheering section!

Dev - Thanks Dev! You've done great and it inspired me to get my butt moving!

Megan - did you just call me an ass ;) Losing weight blows but I just have to think of what it will be like next year at this time! Hey, some weight loss before the spring and the pool opening can't hurt either!

Holly - see today's post - gaining weight while being good? C-Rex would emerge and bags of cookies would be eaten ;) I'm starting Monday!

Mollie - join when you are ready. Nothing like starting something when you aren't there mentally. I think I finally made the leap and am ready to change.

Rosie - thanks!! I have the books and such but I want to go in and get the new books and get a lesson on how to use it all again. I remember how but I heard that once fiber gets over 4 grams, it no longer goes higher on the scale. I had cereal with 13 grams of fiber but our teacher said if anything with fiber comes out to zero you have to count it as one.

So yeah, I need a refresher course and hopefully there will be info on what's available for groceries that will help.

CindyS

C2 said...

I'm late with the pom-poms but I'm cheering you on, all the same! :o)