Sunday, November 20, 2005

Books!!

Holy Cow!! An actual post about books. Have aliens landed? If they have, can I send them over to your house because I need some time to read before I get zapped.

I finally, and I do mean finally, found Hot Spell. Woohoo! Was it in one of those gigantica stores? Hell no! That would be to easy. I found it in one of the smallest bookstore I have ever been in, in a mall I visit maybe three times a year. Ah, well. I got the book! Side note, I have only ever read one book by Emma Holly and have never read the other authors. I have been visiting Meljean's blog for about the past 9 months and when I realized she had a book coming out I couldn't wait to read it. I'm real excited about this BUT, I must finish the book I have on the go before I can get into it.

Also, miracle of miracles, they had the next book in Lynn Viehl's Darkyn series, Private Demon.

Yeah!!

I am beginning to really get sucked in by the first book in the series which I should have done soon. There are a few things that are bothering me about the first book but I will reveal that later. All the same, I am interested enough to see where the next book will take me. After all, Tara Marie told me to keep at it. I'm nothing if not obedient ;)

I've noticed an odd thing about myself lately. I won't just buy one book when I am in a store. Hey, if you don't have the brass balls needed to stock the books I am there to buy then I am not going to stand in some line for the one measly little book that you did manage to have on hand.

Okay, maybe if it was an Anne Stuart.

Still, I've noticed this. Viehl's book was at my local gigantica store but I refused to buy it because it was the only book that they did have in stock. Why in the world am I going to stand in line for this one book. You are supposed to have one hundred thousand titles in this store!!

I'm considering counting.

Anyways, just thought I would let you in on the newest odd quirk to surface. Next thing you know I will be cooking dinners at home. Anything you would like to share? I won't bite.

3 comments:

Tara Marie said...

Hey, you've got me on the hot seat here, I hope I didn't twist you're arm to finish--LOL. It's not a perfect romance, but I thought it was a pretty good start for a horror/romance series.

Pathetic soul that I am I'm willing to wait on gigantica store lines to buy one book.

Suisan said...

I'm trying my hardest not to go into gigantica mega stores. I go to my local bookstore--but then they don't stock the books I want unless I special order them.

So would I stand in a line to get only one book? I have no earthly idea as I have never ever ever ever bought only one book. Three is what I walk out with, at least. I'm rapidly losing money on this addiction to reading.

Megan Frampton said...

Cindy--
You and I share the Anne Stuart thing. I got to meet her, she was sitting next to my friend Marianne Stillings at RWA National, and I gushed. I'm not a gusher.

Anyway, glad to hear about your newfound interest in this book thing. Perhaps I should check it out.