Friday, November 11, 2005

Reading and Stuff

Okay, I am back to reading which I am very happy to report. I am currently reading If Angels Burn by Lynn Viehl, a new to me author.

Her writing is fantastic and her character's are compelling but.... I'm getting the urge to put the book down. I'm on page 116 and the hero/heroine have spent about 8 of those pages together. I'm beginning to think this book is not a romance even though it is marked as one. My other problem is that so far there is not enough back story for me to figure out exactly what's going on. I get that there are the Darkyn and the Brethren. The hierarchy of the Darkyn has been alluded to but I don't understand it. They talk of a man named Richard who I think is their leader but he is in Europe while the hero of this book is not a leader of the American Darkyn, it looks like he is a shoe in. But, now there is a talk of the man who destroyed the hero's face and he is the enforcer for Richard. So, friend or foe?

Maybe this book is above me ;)

Anyways, just wanted to step up and let you know what I am currently trying to read.

I am also searching our city website to learn about building permits and fees. Apparently my husband needs a project and he has decided on a two phases. Phase one is the addition of a library with a main floor laundry room. Someone loves me ;) I'm terrified but hey, if this will keep him from buying another house to renovate and spend more time with me, then I'm all for it!

I am going to see if Bob can make the plans he has come up with in excel much more blogger friendly. That way you can see the depth of my fear .... and yet, I am excited. More on this later. Still have to track down some information and I am soon off to bed.

2 comments:

Tara Marie said...

Cindy--keep going, If Angels Burn is a good set up for the series, it's doing a lot of world building and story telling and not to much romance.

***I know you're fed up with the series thing, so am I, but I think this one is worth it. The next book builds on this one.

CindyS said...

Fair enough. I will keep reading because I know the other book is out already ;) I'm a sucker. I will just change my mindset to accept this book as fiction and not romance. Maybe then any romance I run into will feel like a bonus.

CindyS