Monday, November 07, 2005

For the Sci-Fi People in the Crowd

Thought I would quickly let you know that my free time has been getting sucked up by the newest Battlestar Galactica series.

I have only seen the last hour of the mini-series movie and it was enough to let me know I wanted to see more. If I haven't mentioned it lately Canadian television BLOWS!!

So I'm out last week and I see the Battlestar Galactica DVD Season 1 and I'm left thinking, 'Get out!! They have a series?!' So I bought it for myself because I was celebrating.

Every night now I have gone downstairs to watch a few episodes of this series. I'm loving it!

If you know someone who loves sci-fi movies or if you do yourself and you haven't seen this series, it is well worth it.

There. No reading. TV watching instead. I only have 3 more episodes to watch which I will probably polish off tonight. It's getting to the point where I don't know how I would watch a series show anymore!

Season II will be released on Dec 20th which I am considering ordering from Amazon so it will show up on my doorstep before Christmas. Then again, my husband might want to spend some time with me ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK - now something is fishy here!!! I've been trying to find that show for ages! I loved the original that was on years ago and I've wanted to watch this one ever since I realized that the guy who played Archie Kennedy from Horatio Hornblower was on it. Now you're telling me it's on in Canada. What channel??????
And I'm still trying to find The Outsiders. I've been to Rogers and Jumbo with no luck.

CindyS said...

Nope, Canadian TV still sucks ;)

I bought the DVD series at Walmart and the series is definitely dark and surprising. I don't know if you can rent it or not because I have been avoiding the rental store.

The movie you are looking for is The Outsider right? Not the teen movie The Outsiders. I rented mine at Blockbuster - see if you have a local store and call, that way you won't waste a trip.

CindyS