Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ah, Right, Health!!

You know the saying 'As long as you have your health...'?

Boy oh boy does that saying ever hit close to home as you get older!

When I was a kid and heard that I always thougth 'wha?' cause really, money seemed pretty important and well, I was a teeny bopper and had endless amounts of energy. When I got sick it was hell but, it was like 2 days down and voila, back in business.

This past week however, has been it's own kind of misery and even though I have had a strong love of my health, it's when I'm not feeling up to par that I remember life sucks when you're sick.

I scared myself stupid on Saturday morning when I went out and ran the push mower around the areas that the tractor can't reach. I don't know how long I was out there but holy cow! I came in panting for breath, had to sit for half an hour, had the shakes and felt dizzy! After that my weekend stayed in the 'dizzy, nauseated' zone. Today I am much better with everything else but now I have a crick in my neck that I think is a pinched nerve. I can't turn my head without getting a jolt of pain!

I think everything else has gone back to normal. I wish I knew what brought everything on last week. I was so tired and overwhelmed and weepy - it occured to me that my pharmicist had changed my prescription to 'generic' which I thought meant the drug was the exact same. Thing is I don't know if this is true and I'm wondering if my headaches, nausea, lack of energy are from the drug switch. Gonna check that with my doc.

Okay, Amber just crawled onto my lap so I'm going to sign off and go blog hopping for a bit.

I have started Through A Crimson Veil on the high recommendation of Nath. I haven't gotten too far but I'm liking it.

8 comments:

nath said...

Hey Cindy :D

I hope you feel better now, much better :D as for the diziness and all on Saturday, could it be because you stayed out in the sun too long?

I hope you enjoy Through A Crimson Veil as much I did :D

~ames~ said...

Ew, I hate mowing the lawn. :( I hope the pain in your neck goes away. And why would they switch your meds?

Rosie said...

Take it easy Cindy. The generic is supposed to be a non-name brand of the same med, however sometimes (almost always) it's by a different drug manufacturer. It shouldn't cause that much of a reaction, but it's good to be safe and check with doctor and pharmacist.

Mailyn said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well but Natty is right, it was probably all that time in the sun. Try and relax and rest for a few days.

C2 said...

Poor (((Cindy)))! Take it easy and feel better soon.

This is more proof that yardwork is evil, btw.

Anonymous said...

Cindy: I hope you feel better really soon. Take care of yourself!

LinnieGayl

Holly said...

Holy crap, I swear I could have written this post. With the exception of the meds thing, that's exactly how I've been feeling lately. It's horrible.

I hope you're feeling much better now!

Jenster said...

Geesh, Cindy! I hope you're feeling better now.