Thursday, May 03, 2007

Animals? Or Just Meaning Lots.

A menagerie of thoughts.

1. There is a giant Tortoise that is the rarest creature alive. As in, he is the only one. His name is lonesome George. Researchers found him in 1972 and immediately put him in captivity. He has had two ladies of another type of tortoise as company but he has shown no interest in them. Apparently, scientists have found a possible cousin of lonesome George only it's a male. So they are hoping they'll find a female and be able to breed George.

As fascinating as all this is, the only thought I have is that George has been in captivity for 35 years and it breaks my heart (they can live up to 200 years). I know that we need to have access to animals to bring them back from the brink of extinction but after 35 years, you've had enough time. It's time to let George go back to his own life. Sure, he might die the next day but one day of freedom may be all that George longs for.

2. Kathryn Falk is a complete nutter and would be better off not having access to the internet. Ever. She may also want to consider becoming a recluse. It's always better to have people wonder about your sanity than to hand them actual proof of it's lack of existence. I know of which I speak.

3. Thanks for letting me blow off some steam yesterday. I didn't hear from her today and I'm worried but Bob thinks that she is now in the bargaining stage. 'Just let me come for a bit and you'll see how good things will be'.

4. LOST - I'm not buying that they are dead. And hot damn I love Sawyer and Locke. Sawyer may be getting higher up on the scale. My dad (we talk about the show and then we'll talk about the preview for the following week) told me last week that he thought it would be Locke's father in the hatch and he was right. I figured out at exactly the 33 minute mark who Locke's father would be to Sawyer (DVR tells me the time when I fast forward the commercials). I hope the new chick doesn't get killed off. I can't believe that Kate went to Jack. Kate's really starting to piss me off but I'm guessing she'll be pregnant after all the Sawyer action. So yeah, I'm looking forward to the next three weeks.

5. I read 3 pages of the new Chase book (Bob was getting gas) and I'm already charmed. There is a threat of a kid showing up somewhere in the book so that has me a little antsy but maybe I'll get lucky. I so have a feeling about this one!

6. I discovered that motivation is really a state of mind. Nike has it right when they say 'Just Do It'. Bob got the lawn tractor out and stalled it in a nanosecond then promptly flooded it. I went out to get it back in the garage, started it and then decided 'what the hell' and cut the back yard. I think Bob's ego is a bit bruised and I think he would love to tool around on the tractor but it only likes me.

7. I just finished vacuuming the den and Lord have mercy. I pulled out the couch and scared myself stupid. Hardwood floors are a bitch to keep clean anyways but the debris under there was scary. Now I just want to wash the walls in here which is a weird thing as I rarely if ever do stuff like that.

There you be. More weird thoughts from me.

I know. You're not surprised.

Edited: And I love Bruce Willis.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading about poor Lonesome George makes me sad. Not only is he the only one of his kind, he's taken away from his normal habitat!

Have you seen any of the Galapagos documentary on the NG channel?

Rowena said...

I don't watch lost but I agree...motivation is all a state of mind, if I really want to be motivated to do something, I have to GET UP and just DO IT! LOL.

Poor George! =(

I love Bruce Willis too...he rocks!

Jennie said...

I'm in the middle of the Chase--and I totally agree that it is really charming! I have a feeling too. Might not replace LoS as my favorite, but definitely one of her best. :)

Kristie (J) said...

I'm with Zeek - I want the old Jack back too. Imagine him not telling Kate whatever it was that Juliette said they should tell her.
And Sawyer - well I guess he won't be Sawyer anymore - sigh. But I did think it was real lousy of Locke to get poor Sawyer to do his dirty work.
And I don't think they are dead either!! I just don't!

CindyS said...

JMC - no NG channel up here as far as I know so I don't get to see all the cool documentaries. I can't even see Planet Earth which looks fantastic!

Zeek - Yeah, I'm not loving Jack - so you think he is lashing out at Kate?

Rowena - Yep, now I'm trying to get up and do something else but the couch is beckoning ;) BW is scrumptious.

Jennie - I'm a 1/4 of the way through and enjoying it but you're right, it's not Mr. Impossible or LOS but so far so good.

Kristie - I thought for sure you would be too busy drooling over that Sawyer picture I put up - too bad his pants are falling down ;)
I *think* Juliette wanted to tell Kate that there was only one way off the island and the sub was blown up. Course, she's an other.

Still love Locke and he sure knows how to work the problem. I thought the part where Russo came in was hilarious. I don't think Sawyer can be anything other than Sawyer - he's been like that for too long and he became what he hated.

I'll be pissed if they are dead because the writers or producers or whatever had a special 'behind the scenes of LOST' and they flat out said they aren't dead.

Okay, maybe I should just learn to let go ;)

CindyS

Rowena said...

Oh I know how that is...the couch beckons me far too many times during the week.

Ugh.