Monday, May 28, 2007

Griffin and Phoenix

I just finished watching this movie and Wow, it was really sweet and heartbreaking all at the same time.

This story is not a HEA romantic comedy.

Here's the deal, I didn't read the back blurb very far so I will tell you that Griffin is dying. I just read the movie blurb on the website and to me it is full of spoilers you don't want to know before seeing the film. Also, there is a bunch of stuff in the blurb that isn't in the movie! Ridiculous.

If you are in need of a good cry then I would suggest this movie. I loved the interaction between the characters and frankly, these two people had fun together and it was beautiful. Again, there are no miracles here but the viewers didn't have to be there for the 'end'.

I wish that there were more romance movies with this kind of dialogue and chemistry with the HEA. That would be a great thing to behold!

6 comments:

Mailyn said...

Is this a new movie? I've never heard of it. Although I'm not one foe romantic movies. I like action flicks. Have you seen the Pirates yet???

Rowena said...

Oh I love crybaby movies and the actors in this one are great actors, so I will definitely netflix this...=)

CindyS said...

Mailyn, it was just released at Blockbuster this week so I picked it up because of the actors.

Rowena - let me know what you think - I'm thinking of buying the movie I thought it was that good and I never like movies without a HEA!!

CindyS

CindyS said...

Dang it! Forgot to mention that I probably won't get to see the Pirates movie at the theater only because Bob has never seen the first two and I don't want to drag him to a movie where he has no clue what is going on. And yeah. I do need my Bob ;)

CindyS

Mailyn said...

Rent the first two! I love the franchise. It's so funny and silly.

Rowena said...

I sure will sweetie, I'll hollar when I see this.