Monday, June 16, 2008

From Yucky to Wonderous!

We broke in the pool this weekend and I couldn't be happier. Bob only gets to sit near the pool right now but even doing that is a wonderful experience.

Pictures speak volumes.


We'll start with the wide shot. Notice the patio stones around the pool, the ladder on the far side of the pool and that the water is green in colour (it's pretty but you can't see in the next two pictures just how crummy the pool bottom is)





This picture is a close up of the edge of the pool. You can probably blow up these pictures to see the lack of beauty.
Okay, here is where you can probably see the nastiness that was clear to all who came swimming. If you can blow up the pics then click on this one. From what we can tell the last time the pool was painted they ran out of paint and just kinda white-washed the deep end. Also notice the darker shade around the rim of the pool. We figure grime from the enviroment and such. Uhhhh-gly!!!



Here is the coat of blue paint. Already it looks loads better!

And finally here it is all finished. Grass around the edges except at the back and part of the side because we can't get grass to grow there. We put in 1" river rock and then we'll plant some bushes or low level plants in that area.





Here is a close up of the ladder (the one that Bob moved from one side to the other and managed to open up his leg - his leg looks great by the way) and the mosaic glass. Please note that we haven't grouted the tiles yet except when putting up the tiles the cement came up through them. So in the end, we'll be grouting with the cement. We'll get to that ;)



And finally, here is my little piece of paradise. Blue twinkling water, with a clean looking bottom where you can't see grey or crappy gunge. Not only that, there is no huge scum line because the blue tiles cover the exposed area.

8 comments:

Kat said...

That's fantastic. Today I relocated two shelves on an IKEA frame. And to think I was so proud of myself... (BTW, I am jealous of your pool weather!)

nath said...

It looks very nice! All the hard work has really paid off, because wow :) Great job!!

Kristie (J) said...

Wow!! What a difference. You don't really notice until you compare before and after pictures.

Megan Frampton said...

That looks great!

LinnieGayl said...

Your pool looks beautiful! Enjoy it, Cindy!

ReneeW said...

Wow, it's absolutely gorgeous. Can I come over and play?... oh yeah, I forgot. I live 2000 miles away. Dang it. You should be so proud of yourselves. I'm so jealous of both the pool and the weather (we're having the coldest June on record). Have fun with it!

Rosie said...

I love your new template. I REALLY have to do something soon. I so bored with mine. To say I'm pea green with envy over that gorgeous pool doesn't even begin to cover it. I could swoon I tell ya!

Jenster said...

Hellooooo. Jealous here... Your pool looks fantastic!

I like the new blog look, too.