Monday, August 13, 2007

In The Grass

I keep thinking that maybe I need to move this and then I remember all the links that come to this page and think screw it.

So I'm going to lay low and like I said, anyone is welcome here, just not so much the parental units. Which is weird because I'm about to turn thirty freaking seven. Egads I'm getting up there!!

Ames let me know that her dad sometimes gives her a hard time and then I think 'my parents wouldn't touch half the stuff I blog about with a 10 foot pole!'

They'd be all 'panic attacks!? That girl has quite an imagination. You know she gets her crazy from your side of the family!'

So for one week I'll be on private and then go back to public again. After that I think I'll find my footing and have at it.

Definitely a place where you read at your own risk.

If anything is said I'll just say, hey, I've been on there for 2 years and you just found it. Do me a favour and forget the address. It's not for you!!

Cause it's all about me dammit.

Aren't I a princess of a daughter?

Those of you with adult children, would you want to read their blogs?

Onwards!

On the reading front I still can't be bothered but it may be because my house has been declared a public health disaster zone. I'm afraid to open my fridge cause I'm sure the pizza box jumped.

You ever get those moments where you visualize yourself grabbing a bunch of empty garbage bags and just going through your house sweeping your arm over all the surfaces to get rid of all the crap?

I've been thinking about that a lot.

AND, why is it when I put some algecide in our pool for the first time in a few months, the pool turns friggin green with algae!? I'm thinking the algecide, is actually a growth hormone for algae. Smart for sure but I'm not using the stuff anymore!

I went in swimming tonight despite the blue green tinge but you couldn't see the bottom of the pool which in the end freaked me the hell out. I didn't expect it to bother me but I could barely see in front of me so while doing lengths I hit the wall a few times. It's not quite green but more aqua-blue. Bob stirred up the stuff by scrubbing the walls down with the big brush. Hey, I have no problem with that, just make sure we have liquid chlorine in the garage before doing it. I could have shocked the pool last night and it would have been crystal clear by today.

Now I have to see if I can get up in time to get liquid chlorine tomorrow so I can shock it at night. Course, if it's blue green again tomorrow I can't see wanting to swim in it. I was all 'hey, I've swam in lakes before, what's the problem?'

Problem is I haven't gone swimming in a murky lake for years!

And just to keep you guys up to date with Cody, his breathing has been getting more laboured. We keep the AC on now for him as the humidity makes it harder for him to breathe. Apparently Bob has noticed him having problems with his back legs. I haven't noticed this except when he goes to get on the couch with me. I used to grab his back end and heave him up on the couch but now he growls if you try and lift him. So I let him work it out and only grab him quickly to get him more firmly on the couch - I'm fast enough he can only grump for a second and it's over.

I'm going to call a mobile groomer for him so he doesn't have to go away from us.

What's funny is he will run to the van because he thinks he's going to Bob's mom's house where he follows the other dogs and gets biscuits from his gram. Too funny. I think he enjoys getting out of the house but I think Bob is watching him closely and seeing things I'm not ready to. So I would rather he be close to me if there is a problem and well, he's smelly and needs a bath and I can't see filling his pool with ice cold water like I did when he was a pup and lathering him up. He's too old for that kind of shock now!

Ah, well, I love the mug.

Thanks again, for dealing with me!

9 comments:

LinnieGayl said...

What a cute picture! And thanks for entertaining me!

C2 said...

I found you *singsong*. LOL

I don't want my family finding my blog, either. ;-) Not because I talk about them...but I could if I wanted.

i think I posted a similar picture of my cousin's two dogs looking out the front door. The chipmunks were taunting them. :-D

I can't swim in water I can't see through...it wigs me out. Of course, I live in water moccasin country. Yikes.

CindyS said...

LinnieGayl - you are too good to me and my crazy ways!

C2 - I remember the picture and what was on the other side of the door? Their precious Dad. Did they care I was in the house - NO. Funny monkeys.

I think I know what a water moccasin looks like but I still think of shoes when I hear about them. I'm the type that if I can't see the bottom of my pool then I'm sure there is a shark in there and I can't get it. I did tempt my fear one night and was all proud of myself until something touched my shoulder. It was the floating duck thermometer. Scared myself stupid with that one.

CIndyS

nath said...

That is such a cute picture, Cindy!!!! :D Love it!

and LOL about the situation of your blog and parents :P Now I understand why it suddenly went on invite only... what would you have done if your parents have asked you an invite?

C2 said...

From our friends at Wikipedia:

The water moccasin - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agkistrodon_piscivorus

Ewwwww. They aren't even pretty. Bleh.

My verifcation word: pxkxxx Does that mean I need a nap? I think it does...

Holly said...

Well..the thing is...both of my parents read my blog. So do my grandparents on my dad's side, two surrogate uncles, and a whole slew of other family members I don't know...So, I guess I'm just over caring at this point.

I mean, I figure if they're going to be scandalized because I have sex - and like it- they should probably just go away and not come back, right?

But still..I'm hiding from my sister, so I'm with you. :P

Suisan said...

I'm definitely hiding from my mother. If she found mine I think I can trust that she wouldn't drill down, but yeah, it would freak me out.

And it does bother me that my husband reads mine -- I have to be nicer to him in my vents than I really want to be. Anonymity -- so overrated, so impossible to achieve.

Mailyn said...

OMG I'm so sorry to hear about Cody! I feel just so bad for him. :-(

OK, I don't get it [I'm slow :-P] Are you not coming online for two weeks?! Or are you making the blog FRIENDS only? Cuz if you are I demand an invite so I can see your private posts! :-P

You can't hide from me. Mehehe.

~ames~ said...

i love that picture! i walked into the house this evening to a similar scene. max front and centre, with the three kitties laying down behind him, all in the front entry way. :P

as for cody-i hope the ac works for him.