Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Heading to Bed

I'm about to head off to bed after a wonderfully productive day. I picked up some surprise gifts for Bob and some odds and ends for others in my family. I also went and picked up some scrapbook supplies for the framed picture set I am doing for my friend. (Yep, crafty Cindy strikes again)

I bought and took some paint over to my best friends house because she is ready to start painting in the basement reno Bob is doing over at her house. Our contractor's at this house picked it up a notch and they think they will be done sometime tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it but hey, miracles do happen.

I then came home and cooked my husband a dinner of beef tenderloin, mashed potatoes and carrots ( I was going to do a salad but the steaks were huge and well, I cooked carrots didnt' I?) to celebrate the end of his three year commitment to his employer. This wonderful contract kept Bob at his job for 3 years and if he quit we would have had to pay a $25 000 penalty. We gained things from signing the contract but I didn't realize that Bob is a lot like me in that he needs his freedom. It has been a weight over him for three years and he threatened to quit at least once every month. Now, if he quits, he's free to go but suddenly, not being forced into a corner has turned Bob's frame of mind around 180 degrees and he told me tonight that he may be over renovating. He thinks being a General Contractor may be the way. I think that is where the money is also but I'll believe it when I see it. Right now, I think he looks at all our benefits at the place he works and realized it would be stupid to walk away at this point. However, knowing that you can without a penalty is priceless ;)

That's it from me for now. I hope that I get a few more things done tomorrow and that I am up during the daylight again. It was nice to be out in the sun.

I may be nocturnal but, there is definitely a sun lover in me!

No comments: