Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Quickie before Bed

I'm heading into bed in about ten minutes but thought I should mention I tried Donna Kauffman's story in Merry Christmas Baby. I love her voice and would like to read more by her but for me, it's not Christmas without snow and cold weather so I couldn't get into her Caribbean set story. Nope not for me. So, I may find time tomorrow to start the next story in the book. *Please* let it feel like Christmas. It seems I may be looking in vain.

I went to the bookstore today thinking I would just grab titles off the shelves by author's I have heard of but, not so much that I have thought about buying them. That's right. I wanted to go off the beaten track. I was quickly disabused of this notion when I picked up three separate books by three separate authors that, from the back blurb, were obviously romantic suspense and it seems I am sooo over that.

Then I got tired. Happens time to time when I am up during the afternoon (I got up at 10:30am this morning and was out of the house by noon). I still had a few more stops to make and I was too anxious to sit in one spot. Man, I hope my anxiety cools off after the holidays so I can sit and read some great books. I mean, I hope I still have some great books by the time Rocky and Cody get back to their digs!!

Can you believe Christmas is 4 days away? Crap, I haven't started any of my craft projects.

Also, it seems that by 6pm I am good for nothing except veggin' in front of the TV. There is just no energy left! I have been snapping at Bob in the evenings because Bob doesn't have the *fade to black* kind of energy that I have. I don't want to be bitchy but by the time he gets home, what's done is done!

To Do List:

Finish wrapping all presents including secret Santa which is a game we play that we are trying to find the official rules for.

If anyone knows of this swap that happens where everyone buys a gift of equal value (it should be unisex and something you would want) and then names are drawn from a hat. The first person picks a present and opens it. The next name picked can either take the gift from the first person or pick another gift from under the tree. It seems the person who had the gift taken can then pick another gift from under the tree. The question has arisen on how this game ends. Does the last person either pick from someone else and then gifts all move until the last person who then opens the last gift and that's it. What happens if the last person picks up the gift? Is the game over or is there another chance at a swap.

We do our normal Christmas shopping and then we do a secret Santa round just for fun. Everyone has enjoyed it and it seems Aunt Nora wants to carry on the tradition. We just wish we knew the rules.

Seriously, anyone know the rules or perhaps the name of this game?

Much Appreciated if you can help me with this little thing.

And, I'm tired so I'll sign off.

Can't even finish a To Do list. I'm baked!

Edited: Is disabused a word? Disabuse is but, I can't find disabused. Again, tired.

6 comments:

Suisan said...

OH Man!

I was at a Christmas Party and someone said, "Now it's time to play ______!" And I said, "Wha?" And she said, "You know. That game where you unwrap a present and then the next person gets to decide if they'll keep theirs or swap?" And I said, "Oh Yeah! I never knew it had a name!"

And now I can't remember what the name was. :(

Nicole said...

I get what you mean.

Whenever I've heard it played, the last person gets their choice of everything, so they get to choose whether they want what they pick from the tree or from everyone else. So one last swap.

Megan Frampton said...

I've heard it called Yankee Swap.

sybil said...

I think it is called White Elephant Gift Exchange.

CindyS said...

Phew, thanks guys. Now at least we have a set of rules. Bartering can start afterwards ;)

It's really hard for me to find anything that would be considered unisex and would appeal to both men and women. Movies are hard because there are too many people with differing tastes in the family. I guess the fun comes from having a gift that everyone else wants. This year I skipped that and found stuff I would want.
I'm not all torn up if my gift doesn't appeal to everyone!

Where, oh where is my Christmas Spirit!?

CindyS said...

Hmmm, unisex would be a gift that appeals to men and women. Obviously I was too tired to see what I was writing. Ooof.

CindyS