Saturday, December 24, 2005

HO! HO! What? Too Soon?

Yep, one more day to go.

I've been relatively calm except for wanting to hit my husband over the head with a blunt object whenever he does something not on the itinerary.

Example: We went to our God children's house to open gifts but we had literally a half an hour because of baking and such and they were going to church. So there we are all rushed and when we get there Bob disappears into their basement and we hear the air compressor turn on. WTF? Not today!

The poor kids were foaming at the mouth but something caught Bob's eye in the basement and the internal contractor came out. Curses! Get your butt up here so the kids can unwrap their gifts!

Such is my lot with a socially stunted husband. It's okay though because I love him to pieces and everyone has become inured of his quirks. It's nothing to the family to have Bob snoozing in the corner while we all play board games all night. I used to worry about it but now the family just jokes about his sleeping. Hey, he's up at 6 am everyday because of his internal clock. My family has nocturnal tendencies so we just get slamming by 8pm. Poor guy doesn't have a chance. Now, if you challenge him mentally he can keep his eyes open. That's why we get him to play the games first, keeps him up and active.

The last time we were out I discovered what it can be like when 8pm is closing in and all the others are playing games. You tend to drift in and out of consciousness. I'm bringing an extra game board tonight so that everyone can play and everyone can try and stay awake!

So my craft project bit the dust this afternoon but then, I always have my back up plan. All the same, I wish I could have had another week of time to get this back on track. As it is, I sprayed this glass froster in the house and the fumes are just hanging in the air. My husband can't smell it but I could still smell it when we came in this afternoon. I should probably crank some windows but if we're going to get high then I guess it's already happened ;)

Okay, off to crank some windows now that I've mentioned it. Isn't it weird when you can't feel your tongue.

Damn. Just me again?

2 comments:

Tara Marie said...

Hi Cindy, Merry Christmas to you, Bob and all the animal children. Tara

Suisan said...

OK, a day late, but Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day!!