Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Ho-boy

I'm bored. Gah.

It's never a good thing when I get bored. I have avoided suggesting it for the past few weeks but it's beyond that point now. B-O-R-E-D!

Now, my ever loving husband likes to offer suggestions at this point like, you could do laundry, decorate the tree, wash the floors. These helpful tidbits are normally met with a growl. No shit there's plenty of stuff to get done but, I don't have the energy and the fact that there are people crawling all over my house is driving me to distraction. Boredom seems to be a mental problem for me more than an action problem. Sure, I can get stuff done but my mind is not occupied. I need to do something challenging!

I can't even rent a movie because my DVD player is downstairs in reno hell and I figured it would be more of a hassle to dig it out than to wait until they are done next week. Still, I'm freaking out here!

Bob has learned to jump to when the word 'bored' comes out of my mouth. I am usually whisked into coat and shoes and dragged out to do something that will occupy my mind. It is rare for me to get bored so when I do it is that much more upsetting. Bob, the yellow belly, drove his ass to work before I could tell him I was bored. Course, he would have raced out the door if I had told him ;)

I hate this feeling but I am hoping that I can get a few things done that will skip this out of my system. I have so much to do but I am overwhelmed by the magnitude of the disaster surrounding me. I just got the middle room bed cleared off two nights ago and it is covered in stuff again!

Now, I have seen those crazy organizing shows and I am in no way as bad as what I have seen but, at the same time I wouldn't mind someone coming in and creating a new filing system to get loose paper off this desk. It seems I have crap everywhere. Thing is, I know I would throw half this stuff away and never miss it. It's Bob who seem to be more of a pack rat. I'm hoping once the basement is back together that we can do some purging of crap.

Sharp Turn

I have a piece of lipstick red leather that I bought over e-bay when I was going to do handbound journals *snort*. It's been in the closet for a year. I wonder if I should try and sell it on e-bay. At this rate, it's just taking up space and even though I spent 150 bucks on it, getting any money for it now would be better than just letting it rot in a closet.

Hmmm, maybe that'll be the project to tackle today!

As for books, I tremble in fear. I went to AAR and looked at the reviews for Carlyle. A Woman Of Virtue was listed as an A- so I am thinking of trying that book. The others ranged from C- (Candy Tan rated Beauty Like the Night the same as I did but was better at explaining it!) to B- so I thought I would try a keeper graded book and see if I have an luck. Anyone want to suggest a title? Megan suggested reading a newer book but I'm not sure which to pick out of the pile.

So, here's what I got.

One Little Sin
No True Gentleman
A Deal With The Devil
A Woman of Virtue

Gimme your best shot!!

3 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

I'd go with No True Gentleman. I think it was my first Carlyle, and it is really, really good.

Rosario said...

I'd say No True Gentleman as well. Though I absolutely adored BLTN, so I don't know how useful my opinion might be, LOL! ;-)

CindyS said...

No True Gentleman it is!

We'll see how I do ;)