Sunday, February 12, 2006

Blue By You


Thanks everyone for the well wishes and the luck but it looks like the cards are against us. We lost the house by 6 grand.

I cried.

Poor Bob had a panic attack (I think he has started to experience them lately) when we wrote the offer, so for the hour we had to wait to hear I was taking care of him. When we found out he had to comfort me. Everyone says it wasn't meant to be and I get that. I'm just tired of schleping through other people's houses all the time. This house was it and I was done.

Ah well.

I'm going to watch Grey's Anatomy tonight and then sit and read for a bit *fingers crossed*. Edited - just finished Grey's Anatomy - not a good one when you are already blue. Had me tearing up again!


We went to my godson's house for his 5th birthday today and he was a sweety. When asked what he wanted for his birthday he would say a blue truck. That's it. If not a blue truck then a blue car or better yet, a blue taxi!! So the theme of blue holds true in this post :)

On his third birthday when he opened our gift he was so very excited and started yelling 'I don'n bewieve it! I don'n bewieve it!'. It was the most precious moment ever so I told him I wanted to hear him yelling ' I don't believe it!' when he opened our gift.

Not so much ;) By the time we got there he had already had a party at McDs with some school friends and I think he was surprised that they brought gifts. Then he had his older brother who is loud on most occasions constantly yelling 'gift time' every few minutes when it wasn't time for the gifts. I think it was all overwhelming but the little twerp did say the truck we got him was the wrong colour blue.

Little bugger.

I bought him one of those die-cast blue dodge trucks (like Bobby's truck - for years he called those trucks Bobby trucks because his uncle Bob owns one) just like Uncle Bob's truck and it cost 70 bucks!! The side view mirror broke off in the first few minutes. Not that I care about that because I want him to play with it like a toy. Just thought it was hilarious that we heard a snap so soon. His dad is into models and was saying he had to superglue the mirror immediately. Josh kept saying, Dad!! I need my truck!!.

Terribly precious.

9 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

Oh, Cindy, I'm sorry. I hope you and Bob recover without too many panic attacks.

Suisan said...

Cindy, this is some rollercoaster yo've been on recently.

I'm really sorry about the house offer. Losing those just sucks.

Take care of yourself--Suisan

ReneeW said...

Damn, that sucks. I'm sorry you have had such a hard time. When we offered on the house we are in now, we lost, but the people who won had their loan fall through. So the realtor came to us and asked us if we wanted to re-offer and I said "hell, yes" but Bob was wishy-washy. I was determined and we offered them a little more money and won. Bob admits I was right, he was wrong (love that part) because it was the best thing we ever did.

Anyway, try not to let it get to you. Treat yourself with something special.

Tara Marie said...

1. I'm sorry you're blue.

2. Can't you submit another bid just in case the one they took falls through--it can happen.

3. Kids can be real destructive little buggers. I can't tell you how many toys we've glued back together and Junior's only 4.

CindyS said...

Actually I am going down fast but the house thing was just the tip of the iceberg. I'm thinking maybe a mid-life crisis. Women probably have those earlier ;)

I found out more from Bob today. We went in firm no conditions with a sliding close date to give them time to find a house. The other offer was also firm no conditions (which was a shock for Bob and I because most people have to put conditions in) but had an early closing date. They liked our flexibility but their real estate agent told them that they would find a house no problem so they should put the 6 grand in their pocket.

Remember me talking about secondhand homes? Well this home was immaculate and well kept. All I know is they are going to have a hard time finding a house up to their standards but I do wish them well.

Since the other offer is firm I don't think anything can be done. In Canada I guess there is a 24 hour cooling off period but, my God, that house! No way would someone walk from it. So, it's past the 24 hour mark so they are legally bound by the contract.

I remember reading Maili's stint with real estate problems and I was shocked as how people could get ripped off. Soooo does not happen here.

Also, Bob and I watch those flipper shows on TLC and stuff and we are shocked that houses sell their first day on the market! Course this house sold 3 days so maybe I need to stop being shocked.

Anyways, off to eat way too much chocolate and play with the pups. They love me even when I am blue ;)

Thanks you guys for letting me vent!

CindyS

Suisan said...

Erm, in a hot housing market things go fast. (But it's hard to flip in a hot housing market.)

Our house in Berkeley was on the market for three days, but we didn't accept offers until the fourth day. By the end of the fourth day we had 22 offers on the house, 13 over asking price, and the top two were exactly the same bid--no conditions.

Very very weird.

And very hard to be a seller in that type of market. We lost out on a bunch of bids when we were trying to buy the house.

Anonymous said...

Cindy; I'm sorry to hear you lost the house. Just hang in there and you'll find another one - sometime.

CindyS said...

Suisan, that is completely unheard of up here!! 22 offers?! Phenomenal! Up here it averages 40 days to sell a house.

You either live in Boston, New York or California because I have heard those are the hottest real estate markets. I have told Bob we need to get a Visa and go to California to renovate and flip homes! We'd make our fortune and then *maybe* come back to this snowy clim. I really just would love to sit on a beach!

Kristie - thanks! Bob's really starting to beat himself up over losing the deal but I have been telling him I would live in a shack as long as he was with me. He just keeps saying, 'You looked gorgeous in that house' To which I reply 'I look gorgeous everywhere!!'

CindyS

Suisan said...

OK, posting about fourteen days after the fact, but I just reread my post. Hard to be a *BUYER* in that type of market.

SHeesh. That was dumb.