Thursday, February 23, 2006

Have I Mentioned?


Have I mentioned how much I love this guy?

No. Really. I love him.

I just finished watching Just Like Heaven and I can admit when I am wrong. I thought this looked silly and truth to tell I am sooo not a Reese Witherspoon fan.

Normally my bad movie radar is pretty good but I am one happy camper that it failed me this time!

I can't believe I loved this film! Okay, for Ruffalo alone I watched it but, I think it is wonderfully sweet and watching David and Lizzie fall in love is *sigh*. I should mention that I am not one of those who can recommend a movie because I love one of the actors. Ruffalo was in We Don't Live Here Anymore and it was horrid. I rent many movies because, hey, I'm up during the night and I hate watching infomercials so movies are my mainstay. Even when I know a movie is going to stink I usually end up renting it. Elizabethtown (I now get the whole Orlando Bloom fascination but, Cameron Crowe movies suck - sorry. I didn't know it was a Crowe film until I saw the credits roll and the over sappiness suddenly made sense). The Wedding Date (there was an awesome line but no chemistry). Still I rent them hoping against hope that they are more than they advertised. Lucky me, I found one!

Quick summary - a woman doctor who is all work and no play dies in a accident on the way to her sister's for a blind date. Her apartment is sublet out and a man who has not gotten over his wife's death moves in. Suddenly there are too many people in this apartment - one who wants the ghost to leave and one who wants to remember her life and why she's still around.

Even figuring a few things out I didn't care. I thought these two had real chemistry and *I* got upset when they weren't together on the screen! Not only that but there are cute comedic bits throughout.

I'm buying this movie. Bob loves these types of movies so it will be nice some weekend to pop this into the DVD player and watch it with him.

Don't you just love it when a movie surprises you?

No comments: