Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Just My Normal Crazy Ways

First, I just finished colouring and highlighting my hair. Oh and I trimmed my bangs but, they need to be done properly when I'm more in a mind to fuss with them.

At least I can see.

At the age of 2 I had white hair it was so blonde. By 10 I was just blonde. By 15 I was dirty blonde and by 22 I was mouse poop brown. I'm a touch on the lazy side (hey!) so I used to go for highlights so I always had that dirty blonde hair look. Then I decided money was tight and I started to dye my hair. I'm pretty sure I picked the lightest blonde I could find the first time I coloured my hair.

Stopped traffic I did.

Anyways, years later I dye my hair light blonde and now that those highlight kits are out I seem to have something going on because I get more compliments on my hair than I ever have before.

Then I notice my eyebrows are black.

So, I start putting a little dye on them for about 10 minutes and they are a touch lighter and I don't notice anymore.

Tonight I was at the highlighting stage and realized I hadn't put any colour on my brows so I took the wand and put some highlight on them. I checked after 10 minutes and it didn't look like anything was happening so I shrugged and left it on for 20.

I now have zebra eyebrows.

The good news is I can't stop laughing at myself.

35 years old and it only dawns on me as I look at my new striped eyebrows that that little concoction you mix up is straight bleach.

We'll see if anyone notices. *snort*

Second, I restored my computer to it's factory settings!! Whoohoo, wha..

Huh, I was expecting more excitement.

Anyways, I can now see pictures, I can see banners, I saw a beer bottle over at Jay's blog and I could see the Smart Bitches birthday decorations! And I finally, finally, got to see LLB's banner for reader comments at AAR. I'm telling you, there is a whole new world out there for me to see.
It also turned out to be much easier than it used to be. One time it took me a week to restore our computer but, since then I discovered that the disc that was with the unit was scratched. Being cash strapped kept the thing from being thrown into the street and I'm pretty sure it was just pure luck that 654th time that it loaded. After that one, I told Bob we wouldn't be able to restore our computer again. There was one other time after that but I was able to duct tape that bitch back together.

Today, it took the computer 10 minutes to restore itself.

I cleared my calendar for this! I'm not sure what to do with all this free time. We lost all our files and old e-mails but, what the hell, we'll call it spring cleaning and be done with it!

Oh, I lost all my favourites too. On that note, anyone know if you can alphabetize your bookmarks in IE? I did it once a few years ago and it makes things easier to find but I haven't been able to figure it out again. Ah well, I had like 40 bookmarks. I guess I will stumble upon those sites again some time.

My next project is to find the book that will be read for the TBR challenge. I'm not sure this is a good time to read a new author because I just finished Anne Stuart and well, you already know *gush* so I'm trying to be fair in picking a book.

While at a certain chain store I picked up a copy of Diane Gaston's latest (we were buying a bunch of other stuff so one book can be purchased in such a case) because I can't find the Mysterious Miss M which has received good reviews. The Wagering Widow has had good reviews but, I'm kinda stalling.

Eh, I got a month. Wait.

*scribbling, mumbling* carry the one...

Crap, I only have 21 days left.

I can't take the pressure!!

I know, I'll go look in the mirror. Sure to lift my spirits.

Damn, it's still funny.

6 comments:

Rosario said...

Zebra eyebrows... *snort*! :-D

Suisan said...

I'm trying to decide if reading Kate ROthwell's two books while hiding in a cabin qualifies as reading an author "new to me." I did read them in February, but I wasn't going out of my way to read a new author for the TBR challenge.

Maybe I should (eek) try to find *another* new to me author and read those too. But that might be pushing the envelope....

Anonymous said...

lol once I naired my eyebrows. I think I was tired of it hurting when i plucked them. Except I'm stupid and didnt realize nair smears. My cousin shaved her eyebrows and then put a bandaid over them hoping no one would notice. lol I think everyone does something stupid with their eyebrows at some point.

ReneeW said...

OMG, I can't stop laughing. I started out white blond as a child and deteriorated into dirty blond during my second pregnancy. All those hormones, I guess, and boy did that piss me off. I have colored my hair every since and will continue to do so until all my hair falls out.

I know how to alphabetize all your IE favorites. I'll email you.

BTW, did Bob notice your new look in eyebrows? I've never thought to dye my eyebrows but I may try it now. (minus the stripes I hope :)

CindyS said...

Ah, bless you all for your kindness. Except for Rosario ;P

Jay, I would so nair something but I'm not all that connected to my eyebrows. Funny how one day I looked in the mirror and thought 'damn, I have black eyebrows! I should colour them'.

Bob noticed the hair job but so far he hasn't noticed the eyebrows but he worked late and was foggy eyed when he rolled in. My best friend didn't notice either but I'm betting people are looking and trying to figure out what exactly is different about me.

As for dying your eyebrows. Be careful!! It says not to do it and I only did it because my friend told me she did hers. The thing is, I'm sure they are black as black can be a week later. It's just that original 'kapow' of fresh blonde hair against black brows.

The good news is I will be able to let you all know just how long it takes for my eyebrows to go back to black.

Aren't you thrilled!!

CindyS

Nicole said...

Well, my bookmarks alphabetize themselves every time I have to restore them after a save.