Sunday, February 26, 2006

Here's Where I'm At


First, no matter how diligent I am in filing things, I am almost never able to find what I need right this minute. It has taken me all week to find last year's tax information. I have no idea why it was where I found it but the good news is I *did* find it although earlier tonight I was ranting about how monkeys could do a better job of, well, anything compared to me.

So I've headed into my 'I'm useless phase' which is really good for the ol' morale.

Friday night my husband comes home and I have been sleeping because of the weird sleeping shit that's messing with me and when I wake up Bob tells me that the carpet we bought last week for the dogs is ruined and has to be carried out. Apparently the dogs were very sick and with the way Bob was going on, I was terrified I was going to find barf and poop on the walls. Let's just say, it wasn't pretty but I have a little steam cleaner and a mop and bleach. Dog beds were thrown out and two new ones were bought. It took me about an hour of cleaning and saturating the spots on the carpet while keeping the floor underneath dry so those new laminate floors we got don't swell up.

Finally, the room aired out and everything dis-infected I am able to let the dogs back into the house. While I am watching TV I can't help but notice that the sick smell is back. I decide Cody must have stepped in something so I take a bucket and wash his feet for him. I discover some sticky-mess on his side and clean that off also.

Seems better.

Tonight I couldn't stand to be in the same room with him for more than 15 minutes. The two of them are going to the groomers for baths but, the groomers always want to see their vaccination certificates.

Guess what I can't find?

The last four years are in the file but where the hell is this past years? Have no clue. I'm hoping they don't ask for it tomorrow and if they do I'm going to tell them I just need to use their doggy shower to get the vomit smell off the one dog. They won't even have to touch them. (Please God let them have the info on file! They didn't tell Bob when he made the appointment that they needed to see it and they normally do if they need to see it. Please God, please God, please God.) Seriously, the smell on the poor guy is unreal and it's way too cold to give him a bath outside and we don't have porcelain tubs so his claws would make a mess of any of our baths/showers and I'm not exactly sure what his fur would do to the drain!! Then there is the fact that he is HUGE!

So even though I finally found the tax info, I'm still mad at myself because now I can't find the dog's information which is always by my fingertips.

Oh, and then I go to put the tax program on my computer from last year but the stupid key code won't work and I'm all, wtf! so I write an e-mail begging for help when it occurs to me that I have a new computer so I may have to pay a fee to have them *let* me use the damn program that I already paid for on my new computer.

Fuckers.

If there is one thing that will drive me nuts it's people nickel and diming me to death. Hey, if you are providing a service I can handle it but I paid for this freakin' program and I need to go through last years taxes to get a handle on how to do this years taxes!

I already gave you my opinion on that though.

My brand spanking new washing machine leaks water. Does Sears want to bring me a new one? I mean, I paid a small fortune for this and I don't think I should have to keep something that is obviously defective! I'm telling you, it's the year of the sucky customer service.

Oh and La-Z-boy still hasn't fixed our chair. There is going to be letters flying from this computer as soon as I feel a rant coming on!

True.

You could call this a rant.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I feel your pain on the whole dog grooming thing. When my dog got sick last year we tried giving him a bath in the tub, (because he's a bit agoraphobic so we can't take him to the groomers) Anyway, big mistake. He's a 140 lb blacklab/great dane mix. Tore the bathroom up. You're a lot smarter than us for not trying it.

CindyS said...

140 lbs!! Good Lord, I was terrified to try and get my 80 pounder in the tub!

Bob, the wonder husband (notice it's not wonderful) called the groomer and changed the time to tomorrow at 5pm so we could go see yet another house! My dog smells like vomit and I can't be near him but, what the hell, one more day shouldn't hurt. *blerg*

For pay back, I'm going to take them over in Bob's vehicle. The smell will take at least a week to leave ;)

I was so worried people were going to say, 'quit being a suck and wash your frickin' dog in the tub!' So thanks for letting me know, it would be the nightmare I envision ;)

CindyS

Suisan said...

I used to take my 65 pound Aussie in the shower with me. Then I could pick him up by the front legs and rinse his tummy off in the spray. THe shower door closed, so I could keep him in there. Bath--no way.

Present dog is about 90 pounds. Local pet food supply has wash-your-own-dog sinks. That works for getting mud off. But deep smells? Groomer. Definitely.

And I'm so with you on the paperwork thing. I hate it, I feel like trying to find the right crap is going to swallow me whoel every time I start looking for something. The worst thing ever. ::shudder::