Sunday, February 12, 2006

Epiphany

First, I sat my butt down and started Ride the Fire. So far, yummy. Can't wait to sit and read again as soon as I can catch my breath.

Why am I out of breath?

Bob had an epiphany some time last night. It was a kind of 'fuck it' epiphany that said it was time to live large. Now, for just that alone I would have laughed.

Bob came in around noon (I went to bed at around 8am) and told me he had found our dream house. I have heard this so many time before I don't even lift both eyelids. He had an appointment to see it at 3:30pm. Apparently after going through the house, he told our agent, who has been with us for 7 years, that he was going to buy this house as a Valentine's Gift for me. John (real estate guy) said, Bob let me give you some advice. I have never had you and Cindy walk into a house and have the same reactions. Either one or the other loves it. You want Cindy to see it. So Bob decided he was right (smart guy) and they set it up for me to see at 6pm.

Bob bounced on the bed at 4pm and told me all about how he couldn't wait for me to see the house. It had everything. Yada, yada, yada. Bob's excited though and I know I will go see this house.

Holy Crap!! The house is gorgeous and backs onto park land, has an inground heated pool and these people have not scrimped on anything. We wrote the offer on the spot. First time in 7 years (except for the other house that is an hour out of town and well, that was a risk I wasn't nearly ready to make).

Anyways, we won't find out until tomorrow because the people are out of town until 4pm. Both Bob and John think there will be multiple offers in and we are praying that we are the ones chosen.

I can't believe we found a house we would both be happy in. Now, it's a small fortune but Bob said he would stay working until the mortgage was paid off - again. So not only a gorgeous new home but a husband committed to working!! AND the house does not need to have the carpets pulled up or anything. You move in and live! An extreme bonus for a house that is over 20 years old.

I think I must have bumped my head and I'm in a comma somewhere. I mean, c'mon! Talk about extreme change of life!

Hold on pants, we're making a u-turn! On that note, I'm feeling a wee bit nauseous. That's good though, right?

Side Trip: We have been looking at homes in a certain area that were built 20 years ago and I am shocked at how people do not update their decor. Not only that, they don't try to maintain the house. The last house we were in had carpets that looked like a remnant from the 70s and the price they were asking for the house was ludicrous because I would easily have to spend 50 grand to upgrade just the flooring!! All these people are moving and I have said to Bob 'no kidding they are moving, they realize it will cheaper to go buy a new house than to try and update the one they are in!'. So I guess I was feeling like I was getting poorly treated hand me downs. Hey, the house I live in now is from '58 but Bob and I have upgraded the house relentless over the last ten years. This house is completely different from when I moved in. The funny thing is if we stay here another two years it will be changed again to keep current. Ah, well. Maybe it's just me.

I'm off to blog hop for a bit and then maybe I can get some reading in.

4 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

Oh, good luck! I hope you get it. At least so you can stop your rollercoaster house ride. And good for Bob for committing (how sweet, too--a Valentine's Day present? I think I might be getting a pair of socks).

Suisan said...

When we sold out house, we stripped of everything we owned, updated the kitchen, refinished the floors, painted, and staged the house. (Actually, our real estate agent felt so strongly that we needed to do all this that *she* paid for it and then we reimbursed her out of her commission.)

To go from that to looking for houses where the owners didn't even bother to change out the brown plaid olefin couch was really shocking.

On the other hand, we go this house cheaper than its neighbor because the master bath was rotty. Still is--we haven't gotten around to fising the crack in the shower door, tearing up the wall-to-wall (in a bathroom?), replacing the leaking bathtub, or installing a new fan. So it's not as if I can complain about others.

But hey, GOOD LUCK on your offer!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My fingers are crossed for you that you get the house. It's great you finally found one you both like!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh - and Ride the Fire is yummy through-out. I may have mentioned once or twice that this was my favourite book of 2005.