Saturday, October 29, 2005

Diana Gabaldon

Tonight I took my friend to the local bookstore to see Diana Gabaldon. The line wound through the store like a snake. My friend looked in from the car and said, well, it's just to the door. No. It just kept winding and winding and...well you get the point.

I felt so very bad because I forgot my camera and wanted to take a picture of Michelle with Gabaldon. This woman is gorgeous and I doubt she would ever take a bad picture. She is not talkative however. I bought the latest book although I have not read the rest. Michelle wants me to read the books and I will. No really. I promised so I will sit down mid month Nov to read the first book. Anyways, Michelle didn't say a word to her. Not a word! I figure she was gushing on the inside ;) Gabaldon herself was busy and only looked up periodically. I believe she looked at me, said my name to make sure she was signing the right book and then signed. Shoved the book towards me and looked behind me. I was a wee bit surprised. However, the signing had started at 7pm and I think we got to her by 8:30ish. I guess after an hour and a half your hand would start to cramp! Not only that, it kept the line moving so that everyone got to see her. Yeah, so that's my take on a superstar signing.

No comments: