Saturday, October 01, 2005

What's Up

I've been at the Reno house painting for the last three days so I haven't had a lot of time to read. I put on my jimmies tonight and I held them up to my nose and all I can smell is paint. So at the moment I can only smell and taste paint. I'm not a happy camper.

The good news is that I have a pack of Sweettarts - my absolutely favourite candy beside Lik-M-Ade and Sour Kids - and am making my way through the pack. I think I am slowly eradicating the taste of paint from my mouth ;)

I used CIL Smart ceiling paint yesterday and today and let me tell you, this stuff is great. I painted with normal paint on the main floor and there were rooms that took 5 coats of paint on the ceilings!! (We renovate older homes and this one had water marks and such all over the place so we had to use special primer before the paint) I hate painting ceilings, because it is hard to see and it is usually just white on white - boring. Anyways, we have completely finished the basement and every surface is new drywall and needs to be painted. I wanted to get the ceilings done first because they hurt me (and anyone who helps). I decided to try the paint that starts out as a cooler. This one starts out pink. Holy crap! I am very pleased. I had to prime with drywall primer and then with only 2 coats of the CIL paint the ceilings look fabulous. I don't own any paint company just in case you're wondering. Apparently all I talked about today was how great this paint was ;)

As for reading I am still on Do-Over by Dorian Kelly and even though I wasn't sure at the beginning, it has turned out to be a great read. I believe it was mentioned back when it came out that the author got the 'office politics' right and they are definitely prevalent in this book. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I just have to keep my eyes open over the next few hours.

I have so many great books to read and I am hoping that we will have the Reno house done by the 15th of Oct. We close on the 30th of Oct so we will definitely be done by then! I need to clean my library room and set up my new books so I know what I need to read next. I noticed that the last 4 books I bought have received excellent reviews. Makes me very happy.

I'm not sure that this is the way things are done but at the moment I am bidding on three items for the AAR Aid auction. I won 2 autographed books by Lori Handeland - Blue Moon and A Soldier's Quest from the first set. I absolutely love the cover to your left. I have never read Handeland and I thought this would be a great opportunity to try her. The same goes for the three auctions I am trying for this go. I have heard of the authors but have never read any of their books. I hope I win at least one of the sets ;)

The auctions end on Monday and I just know there are some of you who are way too auction savvy and are waiting to pounce in the last minute. If only I could stay near the computer at the end.

I believe I will still be painting.

Aside: I did something stupid with the spell check and now I think words have been changed. I'm just too tired to figure out the errors. Bad Cindy - okay, lazy Cindy. Also, Bob wants in here so I better move.

Suisan - no vamps and no LOST? That's two strikes babe! ;)

2 comments:

Suisan said...

Wait! Wait! I read a Carpathian?? Does that count?

Pulling herself up by her bootstraps--I promise to do better. (And I hate painting ceilings too--please can I stay??)

CindyS said...

Hmm, I have all of about 5 people who read my blog so you better stick around ;)

You could put a huge Do Not Read Anne Stuart symbol on your blog and you'll still be welcome here. Wait...you never read that!! Pull up those bootstraps!!

CindyS