Monday, October 24, 2005

Good News / Bad News and Then Some

Okay, the NyQuil didn't work. Apparently I'm now immune ;)

The good news is that my cold (I liked the description of a cold, don't use herbals) is heading into my chest which is much better for me. Head colds make me super cranky (and whiney in the sobbing sort of way - Bob loves that stage!) but once they go into my chest and I just hack up phlegm, it's all good again. Sure, racing up stairs is out but at least I can breathe and function as a person!

The other good news? Bob came home on a half days holiday and ripped out 90% of the mold in the basement. I'm telling you, he's my hero! It was pouring rain and miserable today and he had to take load after load out to the truck. I think the fact that I got sick freaked him out and he wanted to get the mold out NOW. I should have hacked up a lung earlier ;)

I spent the day in my PJs and slept this afternoon. At first Bob was pulling the 'sweetie, could you....?' until I told him I was going to lay down. It's amazing that Bob can tear a house down and rebuild it without me in sight but, if I am anywhere near the construction zone I get pulled into it. Hey, I'm sick. Not going to do any labour or even move from the couch!!

Our pool isn't closed yet and we have the 'closers' coming on Thursday but the pool needs to be balanced (which can take 36 hours) and it needs to be vacuumed. Bob said I wasn't to go outside in this weather but I have no choice. I have to go out and get this done. I considered calling and getting them to back off until November (I've closed it myself in drizzling rain) but I don't want to give myself an out. The only reason we are having someone else close the pool is because we put in the heat pump this year (which was worth every penny!) and we want to make sure all the lines are drained so nothing bursts during the winter. I know I could do it myself (and for the most part, I really am because I am the one who balances, vacuums and gets all the supplies out for the guys) but Bob wanted to try our pool people this year. We'll see.

It is really too early for me to be hitting the winter blues but, wow, I am just not ready for this weather!! Okay, the great book blues are probably playing with me and I need to move on and read another book.

Did I mention that Diana Gabaldon will be at a local Chapters this Friday for a book signing. I'm taking my friend as she will need someone to prop her up and wipe the drool. Thing is, I've never read Gabaldon so I don't know what I'm going to do if there is no line and we are forced to chat. 'Uh, yeah, I find the size of your books intimidating so, uh, I haven't actually read your books....' Pretty sure that Gabaldon will not be impressed and neither will my friend. Look, I just haven't found the time. I should really get that book out and read over the next few days to be prepared but then it will feel like a book project and I'm sure the author would be able to pick out those people who have only ever read one of her books. Yes, I am the one who has made procrastination an art form.

So, anyone ever go to a booksigning for Gabaldon? I'm wondering if others think it will be busy. I should call the store and see if she is staying until closing or until she figures she's done. My friend wants to go shopping that night also but I don't know if there will be a line or what. Watch, it'll be like the opening night of Star Wars Episode III where Bob and I just stood in wonderment. Realizing that the wookies, imperial storm troopers and leias were my peeps was a real shock but then, it explains a lot ;) I wonder if there will be people wearing costumes or if the people will be more literary in form and look down their noses at me for daring to scope out the romance isle.

How did I get here? Ah well, I need to take my train of thought off to bed soon where it can rumble through pool closing rituals, grocery list and the number of ways I can close down an insurance agency. Damn those insurance people! The bigwig hasn't called so I imagine I'm going to get the brush off. They have no clue just how tenacious I can be! I will be their worst nightmare! I will be that niggle in their brain that tells them something is wrong! They will rue the..! *ahem*

Yep, even I start to feel sorry for Bob and then I realize he picked me! I warned him I was a loon and still he married me. My parents send him a thank you card every year on our anniversary ;)

No comments: