Monday, October 24, 2005

I Really Shouldn't

I shouldn't post right now but, what the hell.

I HAVE A COLD !!!!!

This blows on levels I can't even explain. Bob and I were so sick last year that I swore I was going to do everything I could to stay healthy this year. Not even Halloween and I have a cold. This soooo better not be the way my winter is going to go.

I will be taking some NyQuil tonight and to quote (okay, I don't know it word for word) one of my favourite comedians. ' What's with the makers of NyQuil? Capital N, little y, Big Fucking Q. It should just say on the box, kiss your wife and kids good-bye because you are going on a little trip. ' He's the reason I take NyQuil - lame I know. Anyways, it dopes me out the first night I take it and sometimes it can knock a cold right out of me. I'm hoping here! If it doesn't I don't take anymore because it either gets it the first dose or I'm sick.

I know there is never a good time to be sick but we are one week from closing on the reno house (little chair dance but don't want to get ahead of myself) and there is *still* painting to be done. I'm sick to death of paint. Sick of it I tell you!

I told Bob tonight that Nov 1st I'm battening down the hatches and I'm not leaving this house until the spring. Can't really happen because I have about 6 birthdays (the family kind with gifts) before Christmas so Nov/Dec are very, very busy around here.

The good news is that my family is very open about not wanting to get sick. If you are sick, stay the *^^&% home!! I was the first to create this mantra and I guess being rude to everyone makes them realize that sometimes you are right.

Bob and I went to my friends one night and she opened the door and said that my Godson had just gotten sick. 180. I was outta there!!

Also, I have the great book blues. I hate when they set in because nothing you pick up looks interesting. I am going to try and dive into Lynn Viehl's book because I think there is a vampire and I am so in the mood. If it doesn't get me I may crack the second book in the Kim Harrison series.

Good Lord, I think it may be depressing to drop by here lately! I would link to some fun jokes but I need to go and drug myself up - sooooo, go look at the kitties ;)

Ah, screw it I found the quote for NyQuil from Denis Leary - if you are easily offended, move on. If you could use a good laugh and don't mind bad language read on!!


I don't do illegal drugs anymore. Now I just do the legal drugs. Tonight I'm on NyQuil and Sudafed. Let me tell you something, folks. Forget about cocaine and heroine. All you need is NyQuil and Sudafed. I'm telling you right now, I took the NyQuil five years ago. I just came out of the coma tonight before the fucking show! Claus Vanbulo was standing over my bed going, "Denis, get up! There's something the matter with Sunny! Hurry up!" I love NyQuil. Man, I love it! I love it. I love it. I love it. It's the best thing shit ever invented. Isn't it, huh? I love the name alone. NyQuil - Capitol N, small Y, big fucking Q! I love that fucking Q, don't you!? What a great advertising idea! Put a huge fucking Q on the box. They'll get high and stare at it. "The Q is talking to me! The Q is talking to me!"

I love NyQuil, man. Because NyQuil has never changed, man. It's never changed. All the other medicines are doing that inner-child thing. "we know that there's a small child inside of you, so now we have grape and cherry and orange flavor." Not NyQuil! They still have the original green death fucking flavor! You know why!? Because it doesn't matter what it tastes like! It's so strong you go, "*wheeze* Hey this stuff really tastes like.." Bang! Yer in the coma already! "What happened?" "He said tastes like and he went right into the coma, it was unbelievable!" We have reached the point where the over the counter drugs are actually stronger than anything you can buy on the street. It says on the back of the NyQuil box, on the back of the box it says, "May cause drowsiness." It should say, "Don't make any fucking plans! Kiss your family and friends goodbye. Say hello to Klaus!" NyQuil, NyQuil, NyQuil, we love you! You giant fucking Q!



Ah, I feel better and now I can't stop laughing. Laughter is the best medicine? I'll let you know. I really need to buy Leary's DVDs because even when you know you're going to hell for laughing...well, you're laughing!! I loved the Darth Vadar stuff with his kids - classic. I should also mention that I think he is sexy. Wouldn't want to kiss him because he is always smoking like a chimney but he definitely does it for me. There TMI. Everytime someone brings up 'guys you think are sexy that no one else does' I draw a blank so maybe I'll just toss them out there as they come to me.

I know what you are thinking. She already took the NyQuil.

2 comments:

ReneeW said...

Having a cold sucks! Take your NyQuil and get better soon. But I insist you drag yourself out of bed to blog. Doesn't matter if you're in a coma, just have Bob prop you in front of the computer! Don't worry about making sense, 'cuz I need my daily laugh and I'm selfish.

CindyS said...

Renee, you are too funny! Don't encourage me! You'll get more rambly run-on blogs. Like todays ;)

CindyS