Thursday, October 13, 2005

Vacation

I'm still on vacation time with Bob but I swear we would need two weeks to get all our commitments to people in and still find time to have on our own fun!

I'm still clawing at Dark Lover but won't let myself open it again or I'm afraid we'll lose a whole day to me sitting in a chair reading feverishly and ignoring the husband's whine to get out of the house.

So to keep my mind occupied we are finally going to see the movie Serenity tomorrow afternoon!! I can't wait!!
Other things. We are going to go see a house tomorrow before the movie. I'm pretty sure I don't care about it but, I guess I told them I would keep an open mind. Don't know if I mentioned it or not but we found our dream house an hour from where we live about 100 000 dollars more than we were comfortable spending. The house was brand new and gorgeous. Okay, I couldn't resist sharing some of the pictures I took of this house because I had a feeling I wasn't going to see it again. I'm not sure how long it will take to get over the 'dream house' but so far, everything else has paled in comparison. If only I could win the lottery. Did I mention it had a 2 car garage attached to the house and then a seperate shop with a two car garage attached? It was literally my husband's dream shop and except for a few country touches, the house was my dream. French doors off the master bedroom to a deck. It was in a small town and was on 1/2 an acre. Not only that it was on city water and natural gas. Cisterns, wells and oil heat are the norm in the country. It sounds standard but when you have seen as many houses as I have over the last 10 years you know a house like this only comes up about .... once every 10 years :(

There was only one other time that I was ready to buy a house and I hadn't even seen the inside of it. It was on 5 acres, was a cute little house that was going to need years of work and there was a shop. It was on a corner of two roads so there were only two neighbours and the feeling of being in the open. It was also priced way below what was selling in the area. We called our agent (who has been with us for probably 7 years now) and told him to make an offer at the asking price. He was so excited and said he would get the details and call right back. The listing was 4 days old by this time. He called back and told us the house had been sold in a bidding war the night before. I cried all the way home and told Bob I was done looking for our dream house.

I don't take to change very well and the last few years have been hectic with change. They say one of the most stressful times is when a couple is selling a house. (Hmm, I went to find this statistic and I swear the top 10 stressors have changed. All the same, I can't argue with any of them and since marriage and change of job are in there then I guess I am in some sort of boat. Course, all you are in the same boat so grab a paddle!!) Well, we've now sold two in a year. We may not have lived in them but the selling process is the same. I didn't just have Bob getting all antsy, but my Dad also. Then there was the other partner who asked us to drop our price when Katrina hit because he was worried the real estate market would crash with soaring gas prices. Who was the voice of reason during all this. Me. I'm one tough bitch when I have to be and I told all of them I wasn't budging on price because it took 9 months of my life and I wanted what was fair. Lucky me, we got an excellent offer. My husband likes to be the sound of doom and gloom and tells me we were just lucky. Hey, we've done this twice now. Once is luck. Twice is good workmanship and patience. The average sell through on a house is 48 days (Bloody hell, I have to start noting where I am getting my statistics from - this is for the Ontario, Canada market - I'm going to see if Remax had it up - sorry can't find it but you trust me, right?). Our house sold in 43. Our first house sold in 10 (which is why the men were all freaking - not many people can just step up and purchase a house - you have to wait for a buyer).

Ooops, there I go again. Sometimes I just need to vent.

Have I mentioned that our house has mold in it. I'm freaking out. I'm trying to remain calm but at the same time, my inner voice is set to scream. I can't wait for Bob to go back to work so I can get down there and demo the room. It needs to be done but I don't want Bob to have to worry about it during our holiday. It's better when I work alone anyways. That way, I can take as many breaks as I need and Bob is always happy by my work when he gets surprised. Hey, after 10 years of marriage, I've learned a few tricks ;)

And what the hell, here's a picture of part of the ensuite bathroom.

That my friends, is a free standing modern claw foot tub like tub, only no claws! Loved it!
::Sigh:: I should really have a good cry over this house but it hasn't sold yet and I'm one of those people who's hope is a hard thing to quash. I keep thinking we could offer them 100 000k under their asking price firm no conditions and that maybe they would take it. Yeah, I live in my own little world ;)

Wow, it's 1am already and all I want to do is go read.

Must. Stay. Away. From. Dark. Lover.

Ah, screw it, what's an hour?

Edited : Good news, it took me a half an hour to find the links, can't possibly justify reading for only a 1/2 an hour!

No comments: