Friday, May 19, 2006

Kresley Cole - Whoopie!!

I am just popping in to let you all know that I decided that life was too short to continue reading Fangs for the Memories and now all I have to do is *never* buy another Kathy Love book.

Remind me, 'kay?

In short, I have found her heroines too innocent and childlike and then, I was bored. I prefer stronger heroines which is funny because the book I picked up next is fan-tab and the heroine is a bit of a wimp but, in a good way.

So I decided to just grab books until one grabbed hold of me. Luckily the book I grabbed was A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole which I think I first heard about at Keishon's (I can't find the post - maybe it was someone else?)

I'm only half way through the book and I am loving it in a JR Ward/Anne Stuart kind of way and I can't wait to get back to it so this post is gonna be short! Except to note that Kresley has at least 5 books in her backlist and the hunt will begin ASAP! I have another of her books - I think it is If You Dare but I have no clue what it is about or if the book I am reading is part of a series or not. I'm just loving the reading part ;)

I have packed up all books but have created a small box with books that should appeal to me over the next few weeks. Moon Called is in there and Keishon (this link takes you to Keishon's post about the book) also mentioned this book as being terrific.

Me happy.

I'm also thinking of writing a rant about TV series finales. Not season finales but series finales.

I know, you're on the edge of your seat.

7 comments:

meljean brook said...

I've been trying to read this book, but it's one of the ones I get stopped in the middle of a scene, and then forget to pick back up, even though I'm really interested in it.

I can't explain it. It's very compelling, unless I put it down. And I've put it down a lot.

meljean brook said...

And can you include ANGEL in that rant? :D God, I hate how that show ended.

Tara Marie said...

Really good book.

It's one of those books that has me thinking, this shouldn't be working--he's too alpha, she's too passive, but oh, how it works and gets better and better.

Alyssa said...

It's one of those books that has me thinking, this shouldn't be working--he's too alpha, she's too passive, but oh, how it works and gets better and better.

This is a really good description of this book. Makes me wish I'd come up with it when I wrote a review for TRR. Very well said.

ReneeW said...

I am loving it in a JR Ward/Anne Stuart kind of way

Ok, I'm there. Must find this book.

I watch the series finale of Will & Grace and liked it. Did you see it?

CindyS said...

Meljean - sometimes it's what is going on around us. I've been forced to put the book down to continue packing but I can't wait to get back to it!

I never watched Angel - I only started watching Buffy when I caught sight of Spike one day and it was when he realized he was falling in love with Buffy - so I am definitely a Spike girl ;)

Tara Marie - yeah, for the first bit I was surprised at how docile she was but it is explained fairly fast.

Renee - yeah, it was the ending of Will & Grace that has me frothing at the mouth. I'm starting to think that a sitcom should just be allowed to end funny. Instead, I'm stuck on the 20 years they didn't see each other!

CindyS

sybil said...

You can send me fangs ;)

I have this one to be read at some point... I think I will likey.