Tuesday, May 30, 2006

But Wait - Didn't I Mention I'm Lazy?

I volunteered a while back to help with All About Romance's re-polling for Favorite Books by Favorite Authors (Good God, I can't tell you how hard it is to type favorite repeatedly for months without the frickin' U!!) which has really been a blast. Okay, there was that one week ...

Anyways, we're in our last week of polling now - click here to go to the author's poll page - but, a few weeks ago LLB mentioned that maybe we (LinnieGayl, Lee and I) could write an ATBF column for the poll. *Trumpets blare* and LinnieGayl and Lee are off!! I mean, these women have been running circles around me since we started so I knew we were going to be writing a column ;)

Here's the thing. Now, we all know that I'm lazy but I've been kinda hiding it from the team.

Yes, successfully! *hmpfff*

At least, I think so ... crap.

Wait! Before I end up staring into the ether while twirling my hair I was just going to let you all know that I haven't been blogging because I have been trying to analyze eleven weeks of polls. I'm also trying to put sentences together in such a way as to not make people who have the 'grammatically correct gene' want to bludgeon themselves to death while reading my section.

Yeah, I'm thinking I need to invest in a magical wand.

In my brain I keep thinking - clear, concise and to the point. Then I write something down and edit like I'm a machete wielding mad woman. Last night I spent 2-3 hours analyzing and researching the results (hey, I need publishing dates and possible reviews by AAR) but the time flew by! (If you have the 'grammatically correct gene' your head will have exploded for the word 'by' at the end of a sentence) I realized I needed a break when I wrote a sentence that I knew in no way resembled English. Oh yeah, and the pounding in my brain.

Oh, okay, the pounding in my *head* but you're going to feel really bad when I die and they discover I *do* have a brain!!

So for Meljean and Megan (the only two authors who visit), I bow before you, humbled that you try to write something everyday. I now know why Megan likes her wine ;) For my friends in blogland - thanks for sitting at the computer and trying to figure out why exactly you loved or hated a book and then putting it into words, but mostly, thanks for sharing those moments in life that have you going WTF!?

Because, dude, WTF!? Didn't I mention I'm lazy?

3 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

Thanks for the props.

And yes, if I didn't have to not have a headache all the time, I would be a bigtime lush.

Back to writing. Good luck with that.

ReneeW said...

All of your efforts (including Lee and LinnyG) are greatly appreciated by me. I was one of those that requested an update of these lists in the last AAR survey. Writing is hard work. Glad you are fighting your urge to be lazy! Looking forward to the final results.

meljean brook said...

I'm amazed that anyone can put together results from all those sources! :D My head would explode.