Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Okey-Smoke

Things have been a bit hectic so, not so much on the posting.

I volunteered to help with the balloting of Favorite Books by Favorite Authors poll over at AAR and even though last week was light for me, I still had taxes and arguments to get through.

This week the ballots have picked up and I don't want to get behind so I have been plotting them when I get some spare time.

And now, for something completely different.

Lately, I feel like Bob is on top of me and not in a good way. It's probably because we had to have the roof re-shingled and it was supposed to happen on Saturday therefore, I had to get up and leave the house. Talk about exhausted. I was a bit muggy headed on Saturday but when we got home at 4pm the roofers hadn't been so I crawled into bed for a 4 hour nap.

Sunday I am figuring I can sleep like normal and I told Bob he could wake me at noon.

This is how weird I am.

Ready?

I crawled into bed at 3am and I think I fell asleep pretty fast. The next thing I know I am semi-awake and in the conscious part of my brain I am thinking about how it's probably 5 to twelve and Bob would be in any minute with his perky self to wake me. Usually my sense of time is dead on but, Sweet Mercy I opened my eyes and it was only 8am. Four more hours of sleep!!

I snuggled back into my pillow with a sigh of relief only to hear a knock at the door.

*please let it be someone collecting for something, PLLLLLEASE!*

Roofers.

On a Sunday.

Couldn't bloody well believe it. Bob comes in and coos an apology but I say I will see if I can sleep through it.

Uh, no.

I think one of the guys was actually jogging on the roof. I crawled my groggy ass out of bed, showered and once again, left the house while the sun was blazing.

Bob, meanwhile, has been having 'train of thought' issues which is not like him at all.

I know. What does that mean? Here we go:

We are in the van after breakfast heading out of town - sorta. Mark and Sue live 5 minutes from us and Bob has been doing a reno on the basement since the beginning of time, Oakville is a 30 minute drive and Lynn and Greg are 1 1/2 hours from us.

Bob: 'So, do you want to go to Mark and Sue's?'

Me: 'Kay.'

Bob: 'We have to go to Home Depot first to get some stuff.'

Me: 'No problem, I have a book and can stay in the car.'

A minute or two passes.

Bob: 'You want to go to Oakville to shop?'

Me: figuring Bob is evading some work (which he never does because he loves remodeling and stuff but since Sue is his ex-wife (and my best bud) he sometimes needs to not be around her) 'Okay, sure.'

A minute or two passes.

Bob: 'What about Lynn and Greg's - you want to drive out London way and go and see them?'

Me: 'Bob! You have to give them some notice. You know Lynn hates the drop in.' (also I normally need a week to prepare to go that far - you know anxiety and tummy stuff)

Bob: 'I'll call so they know we are coming.' (in that voice that says, 'well, duh')

Me: 'Call then, get your cell phone out and let's figure out where we are going.'

Still in Ancaster where we live but we are getting close to the crossroads where a decision has to be made.

Bob: 'Nah, we'll go next week maybe.'

Me: 'What is wrong with you!? You can't keep your mind on one thing for more than a minute and that is so not like you.'

Bob: 'I know. I'm excited about moving.'

I'm thinking 'Great, I get another 6 weeks of this!!!'

Me: 'Yeah, I know! Knock it off, you're freaking me out and you can't do that!'

A few minutes pass.

Bob: 'So you want to go to Mark and Sue's?'

Me: 'You've got Rainman issues'

It's been like this for about a week now and I'm too muzzy headed to put up with it. When I don't sleep like my normal self my brain feels like it is wrapped in cotton and any question can have me wondering why I don't just pound the asker into the dust.

PMS only exponentialized.

We ended up going to Oakville because it was a beautiful day and I love this one shop called Write Impressions. Okay, there's a bakery or five there also. Then we went to Mark and Sue's where Bob put in their sink for their downstairs bathroom so not only can they go to the washroom down there, they can wash their hands too!

(Okay, upon reading this I see that others may not understand why this would seem like a big thing. We sold Mark and Sue the townhouse they are living in April 1st of last year and we arranged for a bunch of financial stuff for them and Bob promised to finish their basement for them. Anyways, Bob would say that he would have it (the basement) done in time for Christmas. It's not done. Yes, we had a reno house and yes, Bob needed a break but his Godson turned to him the other day and said 'I thought our basement was supposed to be done by Christmas' to which Uncle Bob replied 'I never said which Christmas'. I'm horrified by the whole thing but it just doesn't seem to phase Bob. Now, we are about to move to a new house AND get a reno house and Sue said, 'I'm screwed on June 8th because I won't see Bob work here again for months! He has to finish before you get your new house!' I agree. Bob? Not so much and the toilet was in for two months before he put the sink in - soooo not like him)

By 4pm I was nauseated from being up for so long and Bob finally wrapped everything up and took me home. Thank God, the roofers were completely done so I crawled into bed.

Tonight I hope to be in bed by a decent hour and up in time to cook a nice healthy dinner.

I know. My goals in life are quite tame.

Wait till I bore you with my painting and packing details. Shit, I'm already bored and I haven't started!

3 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

Bob is in a tizz.

CindyS said...

Well, apparently I've now joined him ;) You wouldn't happen to know a cure now would you?

CindyS

Megan Frampton said...

Cure? For tizziness?

No. I only wish.