Friday, May 05, 2006

Stupid Painting

It took me hours to tape off all the wood in the room and then to put one coat of primer on the walls. I had forgotten how bad the walls were and now remember why we papered because I normally hate paper. Ah well, I'm in the thick of it now.

Hopefully I'll have it all wrapped up by Saturday because that is mine and Bob's anniversary. Eleven years - egads!! I have to get out and get a sappy card but I'm in night mode. May have to get Bob to stay home tomorrow night while I run out.

I think we are going to go see Mission Impossible 3 because, hellooo, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, as the bad guy!! Also, I do love action movies and since those are the kind I like to see on the big screen then we'll be going ;) Anyone know if there would be any reason to see the Da Vinci Code on the big screen? I want to see the movie because I'm not going to read the book and well, two hours of movie I can take.

This is the first year in a long time that I don't have a list the length of my arm of movies I want to see on the big screen. Looks like I need to go do some internet sleuthing.

As to reading? Just can't sit with a book. My mind is buzzing lately but it is easier to drown it out with a TV show than a book. Must be the noise along with the visual that keeps me in place for a certain length of time. I think I'll feel better once the back room is done and I start packing some stuff up.

Okay, off to play Spider solitaire because my cat is eyeing my lap. She has evolved to the point where she will sit on the keyboard that I have on my lap (I sit with my feet up on the desk and have my *wired* board balanced on my lap). Last night I actually had the keyboard on her because I wasn't done. She didn't care for that but tolerated it so I better get this done now.

Hope you all are reading wonderful books that you can tell me about. I think it'll be August before I can read again and I have so many books I want to read!!

Oh wait, there's that damn reno house.

Crap, no photos or links because Amber is now meowing at me to pick her up so she can sit on my lap. Gotta Go!!

3 comments:

ReneeW said...

Happy anniversary! I feel your pain with the painting. We (I) decided to rip out all the old molding in the living room when we painted and replace it with new molding so it was my job last weekend to paint 15 pieces of 3" wide moldings (12 foot long each). I tried painting the old moldings on another room but it was a nightmare. The paint wouldn't cover it even after priming and 3 coats of new paint. You could still see streaks of the original wood.

Bob was not happy about having to miter cut and nail it up but it was worth (all his cussing) and looks lovely. I'm so glad we have no wallpaper. My friend did that so I know what a horror it is to remove.

Have fun at the movies and let us know what you thought. You'll get back to reading soon because we'll nag (in a nice way) you into it.

CindyS said...

OMG!!! I would have told Bob to suck it up. I painted four frickin coats on those mouldings and all you have to do is hammer them up ;)

I know, it's a wonder I'm about to celebrate my 11 anniversary ;)

Bob has been saying that we have to repaint all the mouldings in *this* house because they are different whites. Bob's colour blind. He says he can see it so it must be obvious. I have no clue what he is talking about but it might be because I absolutely hate painting trim.

When I moved in here Bob's trim was bright peach - it took 4 coats of white paint to cover them and I was the only one who painted. I'm starting to have flashbacks!!

CindyS

ag said...

Belated anniversary wishes, Cindy!

Am also itching to catch MI3 simply becoz JJ Abrams is helmed the production.